Name||Request:

Hurt~ requested by: Kaitlin_Salvatore
By: elleuhrveeem
From: Tumblr

Just another red line.
Just another cut.

Leaning further back against the wall of the East Door in silence, I tucked my knees in closer and let another wave of tears take over. Whatever it was that kept me sane for the past few days, it was gone.

The blade was pressed against my wrist once more, cutting another gash across as I willed it to move.

Just another red line.
Just another cut.

I deserve this, the voice in my head snarled.

Blood dribbled down the sides in droplets, growing in size as it passed through the previous gashes I had already made. It was a deep scarlet under the pale light of the non-existent moon.

Just another red line.
Just another cut.

Sniffling, I tightened my grip on the blade as my hands shook. Another line cut the skin of my wrist open. It didn’t hurt. I never felt a single thing. Even if it did, it hurt less than the emotional pain which burned every bit of my veins with every darned breath that reminded me of my existence. This was the only way I knew how to cope.

Just another red line.
Just another cut.

Another heavy boulder was lifted from my tightening chest, which lay on the brink of being crushed by my own misery, as I drew another cut across. Then, in an angry fit of tears, I lost all control over my hand. Cut after cut was etched repeatedly, drawing more blood. New cuts replaced even those in the midst of healing, scratches of red replacing the scars which seemed to have had no intentions of fading.

The sobs, the cries.. they were silent screams for help which I never wanted anyone to hear, held down within the safe confines of my throat even as they begged to be let out. I pressed a hand to my mouth, hindering the shaky breaths from making a sound.

Let me die, let me die, the voice in my head begged to no one. Shutting my eyes, I leaned back hard on the wall, my head hitting it with an audible thud.

I sat in the silence, my sniffles and restrained cries and , my beating heart were all that remained audible to me. The sound of my heart beating made me want to rip it out of my chest. I tossed the blade to my side, still within reach, and silently sobbed.

“Kaitlin?”

That voice. I gasped and immediately wiped away the tears with the back of my hand as I sat up straight.

Hide the cuts, hide the cuts.

“Minho,” I breathed. “How long have you been standing there?”

“Long enough,” he replied as he put a hand against the branch of a small tree and cautiously took a step towards me.

“What are you doing here? It’s past midnight,” I said, my voice shaking.

“I could ask you the same,” he remarked. “I couldn’t sleep. Mind if I sit with ya?”

“Me too,” I muttered out and hid my arms between my thighs and my body as I rested my chin on my knees.