Something More

By: Atumun15
From: Tumblr

It’s been 3 whole years today since I came up in the box. Me and Alby both arrived at the glade on the same day, making today a hard time for both of us. A sigh escapes my lips when I realize I have to get up to run the maze. I hear a knock on my door.

“Come in” I mutter, while rubbing my eyes. The door slowly opens and a head of black spiked hair pops through the doorway.

“Why aren’t you up yet?” Minho frowns. I groan and turn over on my stomach, burying my face into my pillow.

“I don’t wanna” I mumble into the pillow. I hear a sigh and the door closes. I smile slightly realizing I might be able to sleep, but I hear footsteps inside the room. I groan.

“Come on. There’s gonna be a new greenie today.” Minho shakes my shoulders. I groan, and when he reaches his hands down again, I yank him down onto the bed. He yelps, and lands almost on top of me. He sighs, and tries to get up, but I manage to turn over quick enough, and get on top of him. His eyes widen when I lay on top of him, with my head on his chest and tries to get me off but I just tighten my grip.

“Y/n!” He groans. I just snort and pick my head up so I’m straddling him.

“Give me the day off please” I say quietly. He frowns and furrows his eyebrows.

“What’s going on y/n? You never want to take the day off. Even when you were coughing up blood…” He trails off, thinking about the time I started to cough up blood one morning but still wanted to go out into the maze. I frown and look down.

“Today marks the 3rd year me and Alby have been here” I mumble. I could pretty much feel Minho’s frown deepen. He places a hand on the back of my head and pushes it back down onto his chest.

“I’ll give you the day off. Gives you a chance to get to know the greenie. But you need to let me up. You may be getting the day off, but I’m not” he murmurs in my ear.

“Take a day off then min” I whine picking my head back off his chest so I could look at him. He smirks, and places a hand on my cheek.

“Someone has to be out there making sure the others don’t do anything stupid” he snorts. I lean into his warm hand and he strokes my cheek with his thumb. The door swings open.

“Hey y/n H-“The voice was cut off. I look over my shoulder to see Newt smirking.

“Sorry for interrupting, but Minho you need to go. The doors are about to open” newt smirks and walks out. I blush and get off of Minho and he rushed out of my room flushed but not without giving me a small kiss on the head. I sigh and rub my face.

Me and Minho aren’t dating if that’s what you think. We’ve always been close ever since he came up in the box, but everyone thinks we’re a little more, we’re just not admitting it. I’m not going to lie, but I do wish we were a little more. I’ve liked him for a while, and he makes my heart race, but I know that we will never be together if we’re in here. I bury my self back into my covers that have a hint of Minho’s sent and it helps me sleep….

——

A loud knock jolts me awake.

“Come in” I croak. Alby, Newt and Gally walk in

“You’re boyfriend ran into the maze like an hour ago, told me to let you sleep, but you need to get up” Alby smirks. I groan and rub my eyes.

“For the LAST TIME Alby! We aren’t dating!” I argue.

“Yeah? I’ll believe that when pigs fly” he snorts.

“So when you gonna start flying Gally?” Newt Says to Gally crossing his arms. Gally just scowls. I burst into laughter and the scowl drops from gallys face when he hears me. A small grin plays on his lips.