Jealous, you shuck-face?

By: imaginesofeveryfandom
From: Tumblr

You had a fairly good relationship with the majority of the Gladers…except Gally who didn’t like anyone and Minho. Minho…well it wasn’t that you two hated each other in fact you really, really liked him but you were both overly sarcastic and confrontational. It caused a few issues every now and again.

You were extraordinarily close, however, with Zart whom you worked with practically 24/7. Zart was kind, caring, and he made you laugh. He was practically an extension of you, in regard to Minho the only consolation the Glade really had was that he was out in the Maze the majority of the time so confrontations happened in the mornings and in the evenings…and this was turning out to be one of those evenings.

You were just minding your own business besides Zart at dinner, he was your closest friend and unless someone else specifically asked for you, you always sat with him. He had just put an arm around your shoulder when Minho walked past and made a snide comment…nothing too unusual but for some reason it riled you up like nothing else that evening.

“Shut it, Slinthead” you had risen from your seat besides Zart and started after Minho, despite having infinitely shorter legs you managed to catch up to him fairly easily.

“I don’t think I will, Shuckface” He turned to face you, and you stopped short nearly bumping into his broad chest. For a teenage boy he was fairly built and fairly intimidating when he wanted to be…luckily you doubted he’d hurt you…after all you weren’t Gally and no matter how much you fought it was never really serious…

“What’s your problem anyway, Shank? What even did I do?” You genuinely couldn’t think back to the first time you both had an argument…but you were pretty sure it was pointless with no reason behind it…maybe you just clashed or maybe you were both being idiots…who knew?

“You don’t have to be doing anything your face just annoys the shuck out of me” He had crossed his arms, staring you down with furrowed brows and for a minute you almost believed it…

“Yeah I’m not buying it, Runner. So what is it? Can’t stand sharing the same breath as me? Been waiting all day to say something? or maybe you’re jealous, Shuckface?” You had slowly gathered a crowd around you, some seemed entertained, others curious, and Alby just looked frustrated…probably fed up with you two fighting all the time

“Why would I possibly be jealous of you?"

"Not jealous of me, Shank! Jealous that Zart actually gets to spend time with me and hold me!” You weren’t even sure where this came from…sure you liked Minho in secret and you’d be lying if the thought of him fancying you wasn’t pleasant, but you’d never been this abrupt about it. You usually avoided the topic altogether, even when people teased you about your argumentative relationship.

“That’s real arrogant you know that, Green-thumb” He leaned back on his heels letting an easy smile crinkle the corners of his eyes but you saw the tension in his shoulders and back. He wasn’t sure what to do anymore…what to say and it made you smile…

“But not inaccurate” His eyes narrowed at the smirk that graced your features and you couldn’t help but admire the way the fire light bounced off his features, if you were getting into this topic you might as well get it all out of your system.

“Shuck-off!” There was roar to his voice, this was genuine embarrassment. He was jealous. He honestly was jealous and it was the most delightful thing for you to experience!

“Just say it! Say you were jealous!” Perhaps you shouldn’t have pressed the issue, but the thought of him actually liking you was enthralling. He liked you. He really liked you, enough to get jealous of Zart of all people.

“Fine. I was jealous, you happy now?!” You were, it wasn’t everyday that the sassy runner admitted to anything, let alone let anyone tell him what to do or what to say. The fact you could wear him down, the fact you know knew why he argued with you  so much was thrilling.

“More than.” Your hands reached up to grab the fabric of his shirt and pull him down towards you, his hands floundered by his sides for a moment as your lips touch until he finally calmed down and rested them on your hips. Who knew someone who infuriated you so much could make you feel so good?

《¤》《¤》《¤》《¤》《¤》《¤》
IG | | typically.thomas