Chapter 24

"Good morning Emily." Derek greeted her as she came out of her room all ready to go to the office with him. Derek had offered Emily a job as his personal assistant until she found a job. She was technically in love with her temporary boss. Rosaline had taken leave for a few weeks because she had an accident and broke her leg. Emily accepted until Rosaline recovered to continue her duties.

"Good morning Derek. Wow, breakfast smells delicious!" She said as she kissed his cheek and sat on the table.

"I don't know why you wake up every day before me and start cooking breakfast. Please let me do something, Derek. I feel useless." She said making a face.

"Stop making faces and eat. We're already getting late. Hurry up. You're working and I feel good when I cook. Let me feel good." He slid an omelette on her plate and kissed her forehead as he took his seat and started eating his breakfast.

"I'm done," Emily said as she got up to put her plates in the sink.
"Me too. Let's go." Derek said as he hurriedly put on his coat while Emily cleared the table. They got in the car and drove to the office.

Today, Derek and Emily were matching. They both were wearing grey. Emily's dress was a boat neck knee length dress with a beautiful silk darker grey belt to accentuate her slim waist. Emily left her hair loose as Derek liked them. She completed her look with her favorite black heels and bright red lipstick. To sum it up, she was dazzling.

It was being extremely hard for Derek to keep his hands to himself.  She was looking absolutely gorgeous. He eyed her like a piece of his favourite candy although Derek was never a fan of sweets. But Emily was now his favourite candy and he wouldn't share her with anyone. She belongs to him and he will show everyone. 

A few days ago, Stephen, assistant manager finance asked Emily to have lunch with him during the lunch break. Emily accepted because that afternoon,  Derek was having a lunch meeting with a business associate and wasn't there to have lunch with her. She didn't want to eat alone so she accepted Stephen's offer. When Derek got free after his meeting, he called Emily in his office.

Flashback

"Hey Emily, I ordered some lunch for you. Let's eat." He said as he put the bag of food on the coffee table. Emily was sad because she didn't want him to know that she had already eaten. She didn't want to hurt him.

"You aren't eating anything, Emily. Is everything alright?" Derek asked as he saw her toying with a little amount of food in her plate.

"Yeah. Everything's okay. Don't worry." She said putting a hand on his knee.

"Then why aren't you eating? Are you sick?" He asked concerned.

"No actually.....I've eaten. I've had my lunch." She said biting her lip in confusion.

"Oh,I see. You should have told me. We could've gone together." He said as he pushed his plate away.

"Why aren't you eating? Finish your food, Derek. " Emily said as he got up and went into the ensuite bathroom in his office to wash his hands.

"I'm sorry Derek. You were busy in a meeting so I thought its better not to disturb you." She said as she put her hand on his knee. He was upset because he wanted to have lunch with her. He loved watching her eat.

"I'm really sorry, Derek.  Forgive me, please?" She said as she clutched his arm and laid her head on his shoulder as they sat on the couch.

"It's okay, Emily. I just got upset because I don't want anyone else to take you away from me. Because I know I'm not the best. I fear losing you." He said as he held her hand with their fingers intertwined.

"You're the best. You always will be the best. I'll never choose anyone over you. I won't leave you not because I don't have a choice but because I don't want to. You're as important to me as the daylight." She said as she kissed the top of his hand.

Back to the present

"Derek, Maria called. You were busy so she called me to tell you that she has invited us today and that what you asked her to prepare is done." She told him.

"Great! Get ready by 7 o clock tonight we have to go. Okay?" He told her.

"Yeah okay. That I will but what did you ask Maria to do?" She asked him.

Derek was working on his laptop. He lifted his eyes from the screen.
"Curious to know, aren't you? Don't worry you'll see for yourself. " He said as he smirked at her. 

Deep inside he knew she was going to be surprised and happy about what he had planned.