Theo Hunter vs Jayden Steel

{18}

I let out a sharp breath as I opened my bedroom door.

It was the day of the match.

Finally!

I woke up early, at around six A.M, to ensure I had a relaxed morning routine. It's almost tradition to have a lazy, calm morning routine on the day of the match.

I packed very lightly, only bringing some towels, spare shoes and clothes. Just in case.

I even had time to tidy the room, making sure I hid the book and the photo well. Now I had absolutely nothing to worry about, even the littlest things.

I wore a very simple outfit consisting of a black, off the shoulder crop top and high waisted denim shorts. Thank goodness, the weather looked pretty good; I was worried that it might've been cold. I really dislike fighting in cold conditions.

The sun was shining brightly against the blue skies that had only a few clouds decorating it.

I looked down at my outfit in worry. It was quite revealing for someone who lives in hoodies and joggers, but I was running out of things to wear.

Usually I would wear pants with a crop top to compensate for the revealing top half and I would wear a hoodie with any shorts.

I shrugged it off and made my way downstairs, holding my backback in one hand. I left the bag near the front door and made my way into the kitchen where everyone seemed to be.

I licked my lips in nervousness, remembering yesterday's events.

Would anyone ask what had happened between Theo and I? Had any told them we're mates? Or had they figured it out themselves?

Upon entering the kitchen, the volume of the chatter decreased as they all looked my way.

Almost everyone was downstairs already.

It was pretty early in the morning, seven A.M, and yet, here was everyone, already dressed and eating breakfast.

None of them spoke, making me shift on the spot cautiously. What was going on?

Jay was sitting with the warriors from our pack, far from Julian who he'd been with this entire trip. Theo was sitting next to Julian, drinking a protein shake.
We held each others gaze for a few moments before he broke it, to look down at my outfit.

Or body...I wasn't sure.

His icy blue eyes turned darker as the seconds went by. He couldn't rip his gaze off my body, making me feel hot and flustered from his heated gaze.

A loud scraping sound of a chair moving against the floor caught my attention. I saw Jay stand up abruptly with an annoyed and determined look on his face.

He marched around the marble island in the middle of the kitchen and situated himself in the line of Theo's sight of me.

I watched Jay in disbelief as he 'innocently' starts to pour himself a bowl a cereal.

It wasn't hard to guess that he had seen Theo's staring, and brought it upon himself to stop him.

And he did...in the most passive aggressive way possible. Stand in Theo's line of sight.

Leona's face emerged from the group, showcasing her usual warm smile as she gestured for me to sit next to her.

I walked towards her, grateful that she seemed to be herself, unlike everyone else.

"Why did everyone come down so early?" I asked, choosing a smoothie to drink.

"I don't know. I think everyone couldn't wait to get up later, so they got ready and came down." Leona replied, sipping on her coffee.