So this is Irene?

{7}

I sprinted down the hill, feeling the cool breeze against my skin. I kept my gaze on the path in front of me, just so that I don't face plant the floor and eat grass. When I reached the bottom, I looked up to catch a glimpse of Jay. Squinting in the sunlight, I managed to make out his tall muscular figure as he began to make his way down.

Another figure appeared next to him, making him slow down. Julian and Jay seemed to get on really well and they've not even known each other for a whole twenty four hours yet.

"They get on well."

I turned to look at Leona, who was standing beside me. She was smiling up at them like I was.

"They haven't left each others side since this morning." I chuckled, shaking my head at them.

"To be fair, we haven't left each others side since this morning too." She reminded me, winking at me.

That was very true. At breakfast, Leona and I were sitting next to each other and chatting about shows we enjoyed watching. Julian, Jay and Kobi were sitting together talking about God knows what.

Theo decided not to come down for breakfast, which kind of peeved me off. Does he usually skip breakfast, or is he avoiding me? He hasn't exactly done anything about this whole mate thing, and neither will I. I got a big match to focus on anyway.

Right now, we were on our way to their fighting grounds. I was excited to see how theirs looked, and maybe, as the chief warrior of my pack, I could draw some inspiration and see how I can implement it back into ours. The BlackShadowed Pack is known for their 'fearless' and 'merciless' warriors, so it would be interesting to see how they train. Today is also the day I'll be meeting my opponent, Irene.

Leona and I chatted for a bit, waiting for the boys to reach us. The four of us walked past a large sign that said, 'BKSD warrior's fighting area'.

"BKSD?" I questioned, nodding at the sign.

"Initials of our pack." Julian explained simply, making me nod. We walked for a minute or so longer before I was able to see any signs of a fighting area.

Six large fighting cages came into view, the sight of them making me feel giddy. There were so many warriors in gear on the field, looking up surprised by our presence. I noticed, as we were getting closer to them, that a lot of them became more tense.

Their eyes were focused on Jay, but looked away when Jay made eye contact. I tried to hold back a smile, amused that these fearless warriors felt uncomfortable in another Alpha's presence. Although Jay isn't an Alpha yet, he sure is living up to his future title already. I couldn't be more proud of our future Alpha.

Scanning the fighting area, I noticed the lack of females. I would say there was about a handful female wolves in the sea of male wolves.

"Do all the female wolves get training in basic combat?" I asked. I hoped the answer was yes, because all packs usually provide basic defence lessons to all pack members for their safety. It would ensure that they have enough skills to defend themselves in the case of an emergency.

"Of course! Just because there is a low percentage of women in our defence forces, it doesn't mean that they don't receive training for basic fighting skills." Julian answered, looking a little offended.

My cheeks started to burn from embarrassment, I hadn't meant to ask it like that. Julian chuckled at my reaction and said, "I'm not that offended, you just asked an innocent question. It's all good, Elisia."

Glad that misunderstanding was out of the way, I changed the subject. "Where are your arenas? I'd like to take a look at them, if you don't mind."

"Right this way! Personally, I prefer the arenas than the cages." Leona said, her eyes shining bright. "It's much less claustrophobic, you know?"