The Gray Family

{44}

Elisia POV

Twenty minutes have already passed since Emily left, I was anxiously waiting for Theo to arrive. I prayed our plan would work as well as we had hoped...

"Are you still at her house?"

I perked up at Theo's presence in the mate bond. 

"Yes." I replied.

"I'm only a couple minutes away, love."

I hopped off the sofa, relieved that he managed to leave the Manor without an issue. I walked to the front door, opened it and waited until his car pulled up in the driveway. I sighed in contentment once I saw him get out wearing a smile. 

"Hey you." I greeted him.

"Hey yourself." He replied huskily, with a cheeky grin. He held up two duffle bags, one in each hand, and grinned. "I got the essentials."

I gave him a once over, wondering what he had brought from my room. He handed over one of them for me to check what he'd brought. 

"I didn't handpick the clothes, just in case I came across your underwear or something." He laughed, watching me blush in embarrassment. "I dumped everything in there so I'm hoping there must be some in there..."

I appreciated his thoughtfulness about my clothes, glad that I was able to see several clean underwear. I felt even more reassured once I saw my washbag in there, it had my skincare, makeup, toothbrush and toothpaste as well as my body and hair products. 

"I packed two pairs of your shoes too; I put them in plastic bags before putting them in the bag." He told me, looking proud of himself. "Did I do fine?"

I placed the bag down and zipped it up before replying. "I'll be honest, you did better than I expected."

He broke into a smile, his dimple becoming apparent, before engulfing me into a bear hug. "I'm so glad."

"How did you manage to pack everything, without Kobi seeing or hearing you?" I asked with a frown. "And how the hell are we going to carry these bags when we shift? Our jaws will get tired."

He let go of me and said, "As soon as you left, Kobi left the manor to go to the Second Town. He had to resolve an issue concerning the finance of that town, so he went without complaint." 

I brightened up at that. "So that means we can drive to the Third Town?"

"You bet."

He looked down at my clothes and chuckled. "How was Emily?"

"She was so sweet!" I started to say, but then remembered something. "You failed to mention that you're cousins."

Theo scratched the back of his neck, and shrugged wearing a uncomfortable expression. "Yeah, so we're cousins."

I rolled my eyes. "No shit, sherlock. It's just that, you guys don't seem that...close?" I said with caution.

He put an arm around me and pulled me close to his side. "I'll tell you about it in the car."

To be fair, I was expecting him to avoid the subject so I was a little surprised. I grabbed the duffle bag, as well as the belongings I had brought with me, and followed him to his car. Apparently, Ethan is coming by soon and will be able to lock the front door when he arrives. 

I got comfortable and settled into the passenger seat while Theo started driving. It was then when I realised how exhausted I felt, today had been quite intense.