Asking permission

{3}

It's been a couple of weeks since the party and I still hadn't come to a decision. Unfortunately, since then the rumours and gossip have escalated and become incredibly ridiculous.

Apparently, I called Irene 'fake' and said that 'I will destroy her to pieces'. I mean, come on! That doesn't sound anything like me. Not that Irene would know that...

The more days that went by, the more I wanted to accept the request. Why? Simply because I was curious; curious to see how well Irene can fight. What makes her so unbeatable and worthy enough to be called 'The White Devil'?

Doesn't the devil work in nasty ways? I definitely wouldn't want to be called that, although it is quite effective in intimidating others. 

My attention was completely focused on the YouTube video I put on, I had snacks ready on my bed so I didn't need to leave my spot. Suddenly, my bedroom door was flung open, revealing Jay in his grey sweatpants and a white tee. 

"Don't you know how to knock?" I exclaimed, trying to discreetly hide the family pack of Cheetos. 

"Don't you ever get tired of saying that every time I come in?" He shot back, diving onto my bed covers and messing it up even more.

"Don't even think of hiding that packet of Cheetos! I could smell it's flavour from a mile away."

Sighing, I moved to make space for him to lay and watch videos with me. He made himself comfortable and opened the pack of Cheetos, making me scoff in disbelief.

I bought that with my own money, but he probably hasn't eaten anything since breakfast so I'm letting it pass. 

"So how was college today? How did it feel travelling all the way to the campus, just for one lecture?" I laughed, digging my hand into the packet and grabbing a handful of Cheetos. 

His reply was a glare and an eye roll. 

"I didn't just have to do lectures, our class had to do fittings for our gowns."

I frowned at this in confusion. "Gowns?"

He turned his head to face me. "Gowns as in graduation gowns. I'm graduating in a month, remember?"

Already?

Wow, I remember his first day at college. I can't believe three years has passed since then. He's been studying business, a subject that'll come in use when he becomes our Alpha. 

"It feels like only yesterday you started college." I said, in trance. "You've grown up so much."

As soon as the words left my mouth, he slapped me at the back of head. "You say that as if your older than me!"

Rubbing the back of my head, I mumble, "I just wanted to say that. Damn, you didn't have to slap me."

"In two years, you'll be graduating too. That's when I'm going to say 'you've grown so much'." He said, taking the laptop from me. 

Before I could protest and take the laptop back from him, he spoke up again. "So are you thinking of accepting Irene's request?"

I looked at him, surprised by his question. "I don't know what to do." I responded honestly.

"A part of me wants to accept the request so that I can settle the rumours once and for all. You know how much I love competition, and I haven't come across someone worthy of fighting so long. However, there is another part of me that doesn't want to endanger this pack's reputation. Not to mention, since there is no peace treaty between theirs and our pack, there is a chance that they may harm our pack members."