Elisia Knight

{1}

Elisia POV

"Caleb! You were great on the grounds today." I called out, jogging up to one of my students. "I was pleasantly surprised at how well you used the strategy of taking an opponent to the ground using a takedown. But you need to remember to use your whole body; you can strike down your opponent using knees, stomps, elbows and punches."

I had just finished a mixed martial arts training class with the twelve to sixteen year olds. All the defence training takes place in the outdoor fighting ring or the outdoor cage for the older students.

The 13 year old beamed up at me, beads of sweat trickling down his face. "Thanks Chief! I'll work on it, I promise." 

I nodded at him, wearing a proud smile. He's so young and already has a positive working attitude; a trait many adults still wish for. 

"Oh, and by the way. Happy birthday Chief!" He shouted, before running away giggling.

I groaned out loud and sat on the grass, chuckling to myself. I'd already lost count of how many of my students wished me happy birthday. My birthday is something I wanted to stay quiet about because I didn't particularly enjoy that kind of attention on me. 

Hearing someone approaching behind me, I spoke up. "It's not hard to guess who told everyone it's my birthday today."

Jayden lay down beside me, laughing as he stretched. "Turning nineteen isn't something to hide, so I felt like it was my job to blab it to everyone and their pets."

I shook my head at him, smiling. "That's nice of you." I commented sarcastically. 

"It was my honour." He replied, completely ignoring the sarcasm.

Rolling my eyes, I laid down next to him. We laid there quietly for a while, watching the sunset sky and enjoying light breeze on our skin. 

He suddenly sat back up and looked at me knowingly. "Since it's your birthday, you know what happens today right?"

"I bet Kaitlyn and Magnus are preparing my birthday party right now." I laughed, getting myself up.

Jay's parents, the Alpha and Luna, took me in when I was a new-born and raised me ever since. They have organised a birthday party every year without fail, something that I come to enjoy a lot. 

"You know my parents would never stop making a fuss about our birthdays." He laughed with me, standing up with me. "The party probably already started, do you want to go now?"

I nodded at this and started walking towards the pack town. I couldn't help but feel nervous because for the first time, the party will include the whole pack rather than just family.

Am I supposed to go up to everyone and talk or can I just chill with the people I know well? Jay seemed to sense my nervousness and asked, "Do you want to go for a quick run around the forest?"

"I can't, my wolf is exhausted. I let her out at around lunchtime, we hunted down two deer and ran around for ages. Don't worry about me and have fun." I replied, perking up to the sounds of teenagers laughing and screaming.

"It sounds like everyone is already there!" I exclaimed, running towards the party.

I felt Jay's worried stare on my back, making me turn around and smile at him reassuringly. Out of everyone I know, he knows me the best. He knows how hard I find it to socialise with others.

It's mostly to do with my wolf's personality. I have always had the instinct to demand respect from others, so my wolf and I find it difficult to deal with people who talk to me in a degrading or irrespective way.