The Disruption of Ranks

A/N

I just wanted to thank everyone who read this story thus far. This story has reached 1000 reads and I'm so happy and grateful!! ♡

Thanks again! xx

------------------------------------------------

{16}

I squinted and scrunched my nose in concentration, trying to figure out what Leona was mouthing.

I really suck at lip reading.

Leona chose to mouth something to me from across the table. She wasn't sitting next to me like usual because one of my pack members sat on her seat, and she was too polite to say anything.

She rolled her eyes, amused at my inability to read her lips.

Everyone was sitting at the breakfast tables outside in the back garden area of the manor. Leona suggested to eat breakfast outside as it was a beautiful day.

She picked up her phone that was laying beside her plate, pointed at it and then at me.

Is she asking where my phone is?

I picked up my phone hesitantly and held it up at her with confusion.

She stifled a giggle and signaled me to look at the phone. I complied and turned my phone on to see text notifications from her.

My mouth opened and shaped an 'Ah' as I realised what she had been trying to tell me.

To check my messages.

I opened the chat, noticing that she made a new chat, just between the two of us.

LEONA - Would you care to explain what happened yesterday, early morning? ;)

I stared at the screen, wondering what on earth she was talking about.

ELISIA - I honestly have to no idea what you're talking about... ><

LEONA - Of course, you don't! You were asleep when I saw you...but Theo wasn't ;)

My eyes widened at her reply, making me snap my head at her in alarm. She saw us together? How? When?

ELISIA - Okay, explain!

LEONA - Well, I woke up way too early because I heard a noise. I'm a lightsleeper, if you didn't know. So I got out of my room to see...

I waited patiently for her to finish the sentence, desperately wanting to know what she'd seen. She purposely sent the text unfinished to be dramatic.

LEONA - ...Theo carrying you up the stairs, ooh la laa!

My cheeks flushed at her comment, finding it to imagine me in his arms. He really did carry me upstairs and into bed; Leona witnessed it happening.

LEONA - When I was about to ask what happened, I assumed the worse because of your health condition. BUT, he shushed me because you were asleep. He told me not to ask questions and let you sleep in.

Ah, I did think it was strange that she didn't come into my room to wake me yesterday.

ELISIA - That's why I overslept? Because Theo told you not to wake me up? Why didn't Jay then?

LEONA - I told him to let you sleep. Thankfully, he didn't question it because he was craving yogurt.

"Can you guys get off your phones and actually interact with us?" Jay complained, leaning in to look at my screen.