The Story of Aiden

{54}

Theo's POV

We walked our way back to the main town, watching the rogues scamper away from the scene. They only had to take one look at us to know that we've come out victorious. 

"Yeah, that's right!" Elisia growled at the disbelief on their faces. "We beat those demons, they exist no more!" 

I held her close to me, wanting to reassure myself that she was fine. Letting her fight someone like Darkness had me feeling uneasy, but I had to remind myself that she can take care of herself.

All that was on my mind was getting immediate medical attention for her, her shoulder was in bad condition. I was glad that she was quick to pull the silver knife out before it had the chance to do some real damage. 

I thought back to the last time I saw Kaitlyn, Emily was frantically attending her wounds. She didn't look good, but I was reassured that her condition will stabilize. I was proud of what we had accomplished, but I was even more proud of my mate. 

She was fucking amazing.

We headed towards the intact hospital clinic where the wounded were situated. Elisia's strength was decreasing by the second, she had buckled over twice. Aiden was watching her with extreme concern, I didn't know whether it was weird or...nah, it was weird.

I had enough when she buckled again, and stopped her from walking any further. 

I crouched down in front of her. "Get on my back." 

She hesitated before climbing onto my back, her legs on each side of me. I supported her, as I stood back up, holding her thighs. I was surprised that she didn't object to being carried, she must really be feeling drained. She slowly nodded off to sleep, her small face dug into my shoulder.

Aiden was still with us, looking down to avoid the surprised and angry stares from the other rogues. One of them glanced at us, and began to run away before he recognised Aiden. His angry green eyes narrowed at us, before softening at Aiden.

"Bro, what are you doing?" He called out in confusion. "Let's go!"

I regarded the rogue with an icy glare, to which he returned with a cold scowl. Judging by his accent, he definitely wasn't from here. British, maybe?

Aiden sighed sheepishly, scratching the back of his head. "No, leave me." 

"Fam, we have no leader!" He continued, keeping his distance from us. "You're next in line, you have to lead us!"

Aiden's eyes widened, before he shamefully looked down.

"I can't." He whispered with a shrug. "I can't, man."

Understanding the situation he was in, I stepped in. "Let's go." I said to him, glaring at the other rogue. 

The rogue narrowed his eyes between us, before it widened in realisation. "Aiden, fam..."

I heard him take a sharp intake of breath, looking like he wanted to be anywhere but here. I took in Aiden's torn expression, before deciding that I'll have his back from then on. He had sacrificed so much to help us, but I will remain cautious until I can fully trust him. We still don't know why he decided to help us in the end... 

"Are you fucking kidding me?" The guy roared in rage. "You helped them, didn't you? You're going with them? You're a rogue like me, dumbass! Do you know what they'll do to you if you go with them?"

I glanced at Aiden, he was an open book, very easy to read. He wore a panicked expression once he realised what he'd done, his betrayal to The Rogue Force meant he wasn't welcome there anymore.  And since he's a rogue, no pack would even think about adopting him.