Nevos' End

{53}

I stared at Darkness' lifeless body, in disbelief of what I had finally accomplished. Even though we've only met this demon recently, he had been the bane of our lives since Killian attacked us at Jay's graduation.

I closed my eyes and sighed, thinking of all the warriors who had put their lives on the line to fight the rogues today. Those feral wolves have targeted innocent, and defenceless citizens - on the orders of Darkness and Nevos.

I was glad to have finally gotten rid of one of them.

My gaze moved onto Kobi, who currently had Nevos inhabiting within him. I had another one to exterminate, and this will end today.

I couldn't help but hiss in frustration, my forearms were pulsing from the pain. His claws did some good damage, the wounds weren't healing as quick as they should. Wounds usually heal quickly, and don't leave scars or marks. Of course, wounds caused by silver was an exception.

I calmly breathed in and out, all I had to do is push through the discomfort.

I rushed to Theo's side, who was currently standing by a torn tree. He was catching his breath, his chest heaving as he regarded his opponent with a frown. His built torso was covered in sweat, indicating how hard he has had to fight.

I put my hand on his arm, letting him know I was beside him. He let his guard down for a millisecond to smile down at me, he was so focused on Kobi that he hadn't felt me approach him.

"I'm not going to lie, I've been struggling." He mind linked me with a huff. "You took care of Darkness pretty quickly, you're amazing."

"Why, thank you." I responded with a chuckle. "Although, we both knew Nevos was going to be the challenging one."

Theo's eyes narrowed at Kobi's figure, who was also taking a little breather. "That demon is smart. Chances are that he hasn't fought in centuries, so he let Kobi take over who has trained as a Gamma for most of his life."

"With Kobi's Gamma level fighting skills, combined with Nevos, an old, powerful demon's powers; it's a crazy force to be reckoned with." I retorted. "However, it's two against one."

He looked at me with a grin, and quickly gave me a peck on my forehead. "You're right."

"It's him, against two strong Alphas." I continued firmly. "You've fought him before, right?"

"Kobi? Yeah, countless of times."

And won, I heard him silently think.

"Then you have the advantage of knowing his tactics." I told him. "I have the power of The Light Gene. I used it to kill Darkness, but he was half werewolf unlike Nevos who is purely a demon. I don't even know if he can be killed."

That was what had been bothering me for a while.

Can I kill a demon? Can it even be killed? If I do get rid of him, can he be summoned again?

The red head suddenly charged towards us, wielding a large silver sword. I stared at his choice of weapon in disbelief, an actual fucking sword?

Wow...

Maybe I should get one?

My mate and I managed to jump out of his way, effortlessly landing on thick branches. "Any plan?" I asked through the mind link.

"I'm so hungry..." He announced at the same time.

I slowly turned to Theo, holding back my laughter. "Honestly, same."