Alpha Theo Hunter

{5}

"Pass the ketchup! You've been hogging the entire supply for the past half hour!" Leona complained, rolling off the sofa to trying snatch the ketchup sachets off Kobi. 

Another thing I've learnt, is that Kobi loves ketchup...like really loves the sauce. We've been pigging out in the main living room and eating pizza, fries, garlic bread with lots of soda.

So far so good, I thought. It's only been the first day and I've found such fun friends. It'll be a nice trip, all I need to do is to win the fight and I'll be good to go.

There might even be a chance that I'll ask for Julian, Leona and Kobi's contact details if we become even closer. 

"So can tell us some information about this pack?" Jay asked, before he lay some fries on a slice of pizza and scoffed it down. Leona saw this and visibly cringed; yes girl, I know...

Julian tensed up a bit before asking, "Why?"

I stepped in and said, "Well, we don't know much about this pack, and I think we'd appreciate it if we knew some things about the pack we're staying in."

Kobi nodded at this and spoke up. "As you may know, our previous Alpha has passed away two years ago."

Ah, the mad Alpha. Who could forget?

"He had only conceived one child, a son. When our Alpha died, obviously his son rightfully took his place as our current Alpha." Kobi carried on. 

"Ah, Alpha Theo Hunter? I heard he's the same age as Jay, is he twenty one?" I asked, not sure. The three of them nodded, confirming my question. 

"How about his mum? The previous Luna? She hasn't been mentioned much." I asked, pausing my eating session.

I was really curious about this pack, it's so mysterious. I knew almost all the previous and current Alphas and Lunas of each pack, except this one. 

The three of them exchanged wary glances at each other before Julian decided to answer this time. "Unfortunately, she passed away seven years ago. It was a natural death." He briefly explained.

The finality in his answer warned me not ask any further questions.

So I, of course, respected that and went back to stuffing myself with fries. Although being respectful, I couldn't help but still be curious.

"Sorry, but could you pass that Cola?" I asked, pointing to the can behind Leona.

No one answered me, making me look up at them in confusion. They all wore a familiar looking expression, like they were concentrating on something only they can see. Or more like hear...

My pack members and I looked at each other knowingly before looking back at the three. They were definitely mind linking with each other or someone else.

I popped another fry into my mouth as I waited for their mind link to disconnect. 

"Oh shit!" Julian shouted suddenly. He started to pick up the empty pizza boxes, clearing the area.

Leona turns the TV off and nearly trips in trying to help her mate. Kobi sat there with ketchup covered fries in his hand, obviously torn between helping his friends or continuing to eat. 

"Whoa, why are you guys tidying up all of a sudden?" Jay asked, slowly getting himself up. I stood up too, and proceeded to help the couple, although I was also quite confused. 

"Alpha Theo just told us he's in town and is on his way. He must've changed his mind last minute and decided to come here earlier than we thought." Julian hurriedly explained, almost finished with cleaning up the area we ate.