Pяσℓσgυє

Donnie's P.O.V

"April, I just wanted to tell you t-that I've liked you for awhile now, w-well," I blushed. It was time. I was doing it. I was finally sharing my feelings. We were standing in the dojo (at my request) While everyone was doing their own thing wherever else. "I just wanted to tell you that.. I like you." A blush painted my cheeks as I awaited her reaction. Did she feel the same?

She just stared at me for a few moments, which slightly unnerved me. That's when she started laughing, and I then grew confused, my eyebrows furrowing.

"Wow, Donnie, I didn't think you'd finally get the guts to tell me. It took you forever. What was it like, two years ago? That you found me?" When I was about to answer that it was, indeed, two years ago that we found her, she answered the question herself. "Yes it was. So, umm.... I'm just going to tell you flat out that it would never work out. I mean, you wouldn't be able to take me anywhere, like on a date. I mean you can barely go to the surface without someone screaming!" I flinched.

"April..." This was not how I expected it to go.

She continued, "Donnie, no. You need to know this. I'm so tired of you clinging to me all the time. There is no chance of that happening. I would have to keep you a secret from my friends. I couldn't even tell them about you. So, if someone were to ask me out and I say no, they would bug me to no end to tell them why. Do you get it?" I actually didn't get it. At all. But that was probably my emotions clouding my judgement.

And my judgement was trying to tell me that this was a very bad idea. Emotions- this is something I need to repress.

She sighed. "Just, don't get your hopes up Donnie, because it will all be thrown in your face." Then she left without a second glance, not even taking a moment to apologize about her harsh choice of words; not even thinking of how she could have said something - anything - differently.

LEO'S P.O.V

I heard April leave the dojo, where she and Donnie had been talking. Of course I made everyone give them their privacy, so Donnie could tell us everything later, with April hopefully cuddled up to him. He's been crushing on her forever; I didn't want his feelings crushed. I also didn't want to make him feel uncomfortable. But, as I watched, only April came out. Then there was a blur and Donnie's door was slammed shut. I checked to make sure he wasn't in the dojo before going to his room to check up on him. Things obviously didn't go right.

I knocked on his door, but the only thing I heard was silence from the other side. I entered quietly, only to see Donnie on the end of his bed, staring at his wall.

"Donnie?" I called carefully. He never even glanced my way. "Donnie?" I called out again.

"What do you want Leo?" I flinched. His voice was as cold as ice, ripping through my skin.

Emotionless.

"I wanted to see if you were okay, because I saw April-" I was cut off abruptly.

"Noting happened. Now get out." He said in monotone.

"What?" I asked confusingly.

"I said get out." This time there was an edge to it. When I hesitated, he turned to look at me. His eyes were black instead of the usual red-brown. That unnerved me the most. I quickly scurried out, and the door was slammed behind me and the lock was turned.

Everyone looked up from whatever they were doing and looked at me expectantly. "Donnie...it didn't go well." I turned around when I heard crashing and the sound of glass breaking. I could tell they heard too from their startled expressions. Even Raph didn't have his usual smirk.

Splinter walked into the room when the crashing for louder and louder and asked,"What is going on in here?" Over the noise.

I scratched the back of my neck. "Well, you know how Donnie has a crush on April?" Sensei nodded, so I continued,"Well apparently it didn't go too well. When I went in there to talk to him, he didn't even look at me until he told me to leave. His voice was like ice, and his eyes..." I faltered, looking down.

"What was wrong with his eyes, my son?" Sensei questioned. I looked up,

"They were black." I answered.

"This is strange." Sensei murmured.

That's when the crashing ceased and Donnie opened his door. We all stopped talking and studied him. Mikey walked up to him his arms spread out for a hug.

"Are you okay, big bro?" he asked.

Donnie pushed him aside and growled out,"I'm fine." before walking into the kitchen. Mikey just looked stunned, Donnie never talked to him like that before. We stayed silent as Donnie came back out with a slice of pizza in his hand, glanced at every one of us pointedly before going over to his lab.

We all watched as the door was shut sharply, and only then decided to continue talking. Sensei looked at us all.

"I must meditate on this." he murmured, before going to his own room.

I looked at my brothers, sharing a look before going our desperate ways.

April had left.

What was left of Donnie?