Chapter 19: Unwanted Results

Heruseus stumbled back as Lisanna kissed him. He wiped his lips and cried out, "what are you doing?"

"What?" Lisanna stood over her, "I thought you liked me or something..." She looked away and blushed.

Heruseus frantically looked around and sighed, "I guess that was okay. Just... don't do it again for now. I'm happier no-one saw." Lisanna smiled and hugged him. As they walked in, Heruseus turned back around as he mumbled to himself, "although I thought I saw Laina in the corner of my eye."

"What was that?" Lisanna clung to his arm.

Heruseus shook his head nervously, "n-nothing."

The two walked up to their room, where Chumbus and Mel conversed.

"Yeah, it's been weird, but I guess- oh?" Mel stopped as she watched the door open. Despite the they knew they were safe, the two of them instantly went for their weapons. Mel glared as she pointed Thunderis at her, "Theo!"

"Theo! What the fuck?!" Chumbus shouted as he gripped the amulet around his neck tightly.

Heruseus put his hands in front of him as he hushed, "calm down. She's one of us."

"Wait..." Chumbus squinted his eyes. He stared at the asian girl in white that clung to Heruseus' arm. "A-Ana? Ana Okiri?"

Lisanna let go and stepped in front of Heruseus. She smiled as she nodded, "yep. It's, uh... I'm alive."

"Y-you're Lisanna?!" Mel's jaw dropped, "Ana, I thought you were dead! If you're real, does that mean that-"

Lisanna nodded again, "Jade Dragon is Stephanie Smith."

Chumbus let go of his amulet and looked down, "how is this possible? I knew of your abilities, you strength. I never had the chance to see you in person- err, here." He paused, "I assumed someone else just happened to use your handle, how are you here?!"

Mel dropped Thunderis and ran up to her. She hugged her tightly, "it doesn't matter. You're here, not dead. It's always good to know another one of us isn't dead."

Lisanna sighed, "I know. I heard we lost a lot... Westin here? Where's your sister- older sister, Mel?" The room fell into silence, the three looked down as Lisanna looked at each of them, "oh. I'm sorry."

Suddenly, the door slammed open. A blue headed kid stomped into the room with his eyes burning with anger. He shouted at the top of his lungs, ruining the somber moment, "I'm fucking pissed!" He went straight to the couch and sat down before standing up and pacing back and forth, "fucking Luna, man! She's here, I don't know how she is, but she's here, and-" He stopped and screamed. He stopped as he looked at Lisanna with confusion, "who's this?"

Executioner followed shortly after. He looked at Heruseus with confusion as he pointed at Lisanna, "what's she doing here?"

"She's here to join the guild," Heruseus smiled as he told him.

Executioner stepped back as his eyes widened, "what?! She's a Thorne! An enemy! She can't join just because she's your ex!" He stopped and nodded as if he came to an epiphany.

Heruseus quickly fought back, "she's a Heart, Evan! Not just my ex, a past friend. Chumbus is-"

Executioner shouted over him, "I don't care if she was one of us! She's a Thorne now, more importantly, she tried to kill us before! Remember that?! She tried to reset our pro-"

"That is irrelevant, she literally just saved my life from a big ass bird. If she was an enemy, why'd she do that?!" Heruseus began to scream.

Executioner screamed louder, "she's just getting close to you so she can leak all our shit!" Heruseus looked down, then to Lisanna. Executioner continued as the room settled, "watch. Right when we least expect it, we're all getting a lightning bolt up our ass, and we'll see her running away with all of our equipment!"