Chapter 8: Reality Check

Deep in thought, a boy sleeps. The boy's light green eyes flashed opened as he heard a voice call out, "Max Jure."

"What's going on?! Where am I?!" the boy frantically looked around to find himself floating in an empty space. Nothing but darkness filled the endless void, and was the only thing the boy could see for miles.

The disembodied voice surrounded him, booming as it spoke, "you've been sleeping, Max Jure. It's time to wake up. Your friends need you more than ever right now." The voice echoed as it stopped.

"The Hearts? What happened to me? Am I dead?!" Max looked down at his clothing. He was dressed in some hospital scrubs, and naked underneath.

"You're sleeping in either Yokohoma General Hospital or Chiyoda Hospital, but you're in your own state of mind. I don't know how to explain this, but just know I'm your... friend. You need to get back to America, Nano Tech is coming for you like how they took my... other friend. This might not make sense, but a whole set of events are flickering, waiting to be set in motion. Crap, we're running out of time. You need to hurry and wake up!" the voice seemed to begin talking to another person. "Hana, can you keep the connection stable? Damn, cut it off cut it off! They're coming!"

"Who are you?! Wait! What do you mean? Comeback! Where are the Hearts? Hey!" Max's dirty blond hair flipped as he flew around in his conscious, "how do I wake up?"

Heruseus slowly opened his eyes, and looked down at Rubi. His eyes widened as he realized she was pressed against his chest, and screamed silently.

"Morning to you too," Chumbus waddled past his bed and into the bathroom.

"As much as I want to slap you, you guys seem nice together. I better not see this again though. And if I hear anything at night, say goodbye to your sword," Mel shook her head as she stormed off to put away her clothes.

Rubi's eyes peered open, "huh? Oh good morning Theo." She hugged him tightly and whispered in his ear, "look I saw what happened last night between you and Evan, and you looked like you were going through a lot of stress. I just helped you to your bed, and I... I kinda fell asleep too."

"You're fine," Heruseus kissed her forehead and got out of bed, "kinda of needed this." He blushed as he turned around quickly to find Executioner glaring at him.

"I'd be careful around her," he muttered as he passed them, "knowing everyone you love seem to die."

Heruseus shook his head and sat right back down. Rubi sat up and hugged him, "don't listen to him. He'll just bring you down." She let go and walked to her station. She took out a bag to get ready to use the bathroom. Lizardon sat next to the door, patiently waiting.

"He's still in there?" Psytrin asked. "Thank god I woke up early for once," he laughed and walked into the kitchen.

Lizardon stood up and pounded on the door, "Hey Justin! You've been in there for like, twenty minutes! What are you doing in there?!"

"Takin' a shit in the shower," he shouted as the water turned off.

Lizardon banged on the door harder, "c'mon dude that's disgusting! Other people need to wash up too!"

Chumbus laughed, "I'm kidding, I'm finishing up." He opened the door, to let the steam roll out. As the air cleared, out walked a naked asian man.

Heruseus jumped and covered his eyes, "bro! The hell man?! Put some damn clothes on! What the hell is wrong with you?! Shit, at least use a towel!" Heruseus couldn't help but laugh under the palms over his face.