Chapter 5: A Mountain Too High

Hopefully everyone got my message, Lizardon thought as he ran across a dry desert area. Wait, if some people are following them, someone must be on my tail. But... why? Lizardon stopped and turned around. The bare, desert-like area revealed nothing and no-one. He squinted his eyes and looked up to the sky.

A player with golden hair smirked as he landed, "you found me." His smiled reached from each dimple; resting softly on his tanned cheeks and making his eyes small, "looks like you're being reset early. Shouldn't be a problem at all."

"Who are you? You look... familiar. Are you a friend of my brother's?" Lizardon stalled as he reached for his sword.

"No, I don't even know who you are," the boy cracked his neck. He then began rubbing it, "damn, my neck still hurts like a bitch. Whoever cracked my neck is gonna die. I'm sure one of you people stole my map too, doesn't cost too much but you're gonna regret it.."

Crap, Psytrin what the hell didja do?! Lizardon grunted and unsheathed his sword. "Well I don't have your damn map, and I didn't snap your damn neck. So go on, I oppose no threat to you at the moment. There is nothing to fight about unless you want to-" his words mashed into one as he dashed towards him, his sword ready to strike.

"Leone, now!" the boy shouted as another girl with silver hair rammed into him. Lizardon fell back, eyes widened as the girl known as Leone began to swing a dagger towards his head. He could feel time stop and see the skepticism buried deep in her radiant green eyes. He forced his weight backwards, dodging the dagger with ease before kicking it out of her hands.

"Leo!" Leone shouted as she backed away. "You're up!"

"Hot and toasty!" Leo jumped over her with golden flames in the shape of a ball in his palm. The luxurious flame had a dark black aura surrounding it, swishing back as Leo threw the fireballs towards his one opponent.

"Hold on here! I don't want to fight!" Lizardon held his hands out and dropped his sword onto the ground. Leo snapped his fingers and the balls disappeared. Lizardon kicked his weapon to them, to which he picked it up. "I never wanted to!

"Then why did you dash towards me?" Leo growled.

"I don't know! You seem so... threatening!" Lizardon stated, hands still out. "You were the ones who wanted to reset me!"

"Look, we don't want to fight you either. This seems stupid, you're just a low-level player, our leader treats you like a threat. We were given orders to eliminate your guild, and to do it over and over. We have to make sure you quit," Leone sighed as she looked down in shame.

"We truly don't want to fight you, but our leader insisted. She said you'll wipe us out if you grow strong. I know who you are, Luke Solano. You're my friend's little brother. This set of orders... they're kind of stupid, but I understand why she has asked us to do this." Leo snapped his sword, and summoned more flames in the palms of his hands. He grunted as he chucked them towards the unarmed Lizardon. "The Hearts of Light cannot take over this game, we're the strongest and it's going to stay that way. Count my word on it."

Lizardon grunted and dodged the two flying flames with ease, "the frick dude?! What happened to not fighting?!" He looked down to gain back his footing before going back up to find Leo already swinging in front of him. The heated fist connected with ease, sending Lizardon flying backwards, and through a dried out tree. He coughed as he got up, damn, I'm only level one, I can't make it out of here alive. I won't survive another hit either. He watched his health drop greatly and groaned, "not doing so great..."