Chapter 12: Sisterly Love

Max Jure limped through the elevator doors with not many souls staring at him. They walked passed him as he spoke aloud, "my future? What do you mean by that?"

"Don't worry about it, just get to the doors," the voice commanded him. Max squinted his eyes as he weakly made his way through the lobby. He thought more about what he was really doing, and he missed his parents.

"Wait," Max stopped before the doors in front of him.

The voice spoke with worry and confusion, "wait what? Why are you stopping?!" Max wasn't the one to answer this time. "Keep moving, you're running out of time. Can you hear me? Hana, is something wrong with the... No? Max! Answer me. Or at least keep moving, your future depends on it... Max!"

"Answer my questions first," Max whispered to himself. "It's obvious you're only in my head. Who are you?"

"I can't answer that."

"Where are you?"

"I... can't answer that either."

Max shouted, drawing the attention of others, "what can you answer damn it?! I'm not going anywhere until I know what's going on! Hey!"

"Max, stop yelling and get away from there," the voice hushed him with a calming voice. "You're drawing too much attention to yourself. Things will only get worse if you do, so please. Listen to me, and leave."

"Why though?! Then answer me! Just fucking ans-" Max walked past the doubled doors and held down his hospital garb as wind blew past it. He stopped talking as he looked around the many bright lights and listened to the bustling city around him. He was left speechless.

"Wait a second... Max, where are you?" the voice asked, once again with a worried tone.

Max turned around and looked to the hospital he had been staying at, "L-Lenox Hill? That's not Japanese."

The voice seemed to turn away from whatever mic he was using, "Hana, we're late. He's in New York! Get ahold of Lukas, now! Nano Tech is probably already on the way!"

Suddenly, a black van screeched to a stop and pulled Max in before screeching away. Hospital staff rushed out to look around confused, then proceeded to walk back inside.

"Good luck to you too," Psytrin waved back at Chumbus and bolted away. He ducked looked besides him to see an arrow land by his side. Psytrin looked back to see multiple players running after him, Psytra to his far left and grinning as she ran another direction.

"Stop him!" the player in the lead cried out, "he knows where the statue is!"

Psytrin turned around again and shouted out as he kept running backwards, "who fed you that bullshit? I have no idea where the thing is, hop off me, bro!"

Another player shouted out, "the mistress with orange hair! Said you're going to grab it and run off with it!"

"Sorry to break it to you buddy, but she's half right," Psytrin turned back around to focus on where he was running, "no, I do not know where the damn turtle is, but yes. I am going to find that statue." He looked around and smiled as he ran towards a large magma lake. "See you later boys!" He dove into the magma as the players stopped and watched him resurface as if he swam in normal water.

"H-how the hell are you-"

"Peace out dudes," Psytrin dove back into the magma and swam to the other side of the large lake. He crawled onto the red and black rocks, and slit back his now wet hair. The blue haired boy sighed as he looked around the barren red landscape, and wondered. Where to start, where to start. His eyes widened as he grinned. Ah! There! The boy ran towards the large mountain to his left, watching carefully as it spewed out large chunks of rocks and lava the moment he grew near it.