Chapter 23: Confronting the Enemy

Giv backed away from Valor as he aimed an arrow at her. She drew her bow, frantically looking around the circle she was stuck in. She turned around frequently as she attempted to think of a way out of her situation. She looked over Celes and saw Red Thorne's base set up in a cave right behind her. She bit her lip and shouted, "traitors! You're all traitors! Every single one of you will burn and suffer for betraying Tharza!"

"Damn lady chill," Aris scoffed, "this is just a game. No need to cry over it."

Eden laughed to himself, half a smile cracked over his face, "says the guy who was freaking out over leaving."

"Shut up already, why don't you," Aris rolled his eyes.

Daggero shouted over them as he held both of his large daggers with the blades extending away from his thumb, "give us what is ours. Then maybe we'll consider letting you go. You didn't only put our users in danger, but a real person too."

"Let her go my ass," Valor spit on the ground in front of him as he focused directly on her. "She nearly fucked us over. We're so damn close to finding Josh, we can't stop now. Especially even when this bitch done screwed us like that."

Giv retorted, "even if you kill me, it doesn't mean shit. You get the statues back, but Red Thorne has the others. You'll never get those, I swear on it."

"...Josh? Finding Josh? As in Josh Tran? He's alive?" Aris' mood changed and flipped one-eighty. "I knew him, he was a good friend of mine... I thought he died in Twisting Web with Havens and everyone. I was at their funeral."

"I saw you," Valor sighed. "I'm his cousin. If anyone needs to see him, its his parents. We have to get him back. At least, thats what Chumbus says."

"You're all fools," Giv grunted. She lowered her bow as she continued, "Osra is dead. Dead. D. E. A. D. Dead, as in deceased. Gone. You can't do shit. Maybe in the sligh-"

"Shut the fuck up!" Celes shouted. "You don't know anything, what makes you-"

"Can you guys just give it up already? God damn, learn to move on. I knew him too, but holy shit, he wasn't even that good of a person. Just drop it, the dude is dead!" Giv laughed.

Before Celes could spit back, Leyasu stopped her. He spoke his thoughts out loud, "I barely knew him too, but what if he really is... dead? I mean, how else could he have survived a building crash or whatever accident he was in. Wouldn't he wan-"

"Shut your damn mouth Tyler," Celes started but Aris hushed her this time.

"Leyasu is onto something. What if Josh just wants us to live our lives? Move on? This is just a game after all, if he is here. How is here? More importantly, why is he here?" Aris questioned the group.

"Caleb, what the fuck man?!" Valor shouted with disgust, "you just said he was an awesome friend, how the hell can you just say that?!"

"What I'm trying to say is-"

"No, what you're trying to do is give up! He's- Josh is-" Valor lowered his bow and began to cry.

Daggero lowered his weapon as well as he kneeled over and comforted him, "what he's trying to say is that maybe we should all just move on."

Kat looked back at their prisoner to see her running straight towards a small hole in their small wall, "guys! Giv!"

Valor stood up and screamed as he blankly shot an arrow into Giv's stomach, "you aren't going anywhere!"