Chapter 11: Hell o Kitty

Max Jure wandered into the hallway as nurses casually walked passed him. He made his way to an elevator before any of the staff had realized he left his room. The same voice spoke once again in his head, "hurry Zinthos, rush to the nearest cab-"

"How do you know that name?!" Max weakly shouted in the elevator. He stood in silence before shouting again, "answer me! "Zinthos", that name, how? Who the hell are you?!" His thoughts made the only sound in his mind for a while longer. "Answer me, damn it! How do you know that name?!"

"Don't worry about it, the first taxi you find, tell them to take you to a nearby motel. Wait, shit, I don't think you speak Japanese, do you? I'll mutter them, the words to you here, just go!"

Max grunted, "dude, I don't have money either, how do you expect me to get anywhere?"

The voice spoke away for a second, "Hana, can you connect to Lukas? He's not stuck here, right?" Another voice mumbled before he spoke back to him, "this group's a fucking mess. Father wouldn't approve of this. What? No, shut up, we'll get out. What do you mean by that?! I swear we will. Whatever, after this, we need to get Lukas to Japan somehow."

"Listen up guy," Max spoke out loud, "I don't know who you are, why the hell should I trust a random voice in my head?"

The elevator opened as the voice boomed, "we're your future."

Chumbus and Psytrin bursted past other players to see Giv and Psytrin keeping up with them. As they ran North, Chumbus slapped Psytrin's back as he changed his route, "good luck. Find that statue."

Psytrin smiled and nodded, "same to you Justin."

Chumbus activated his amulet and sprinted like a jaguar, using all fours. Let's make this fast. I don't want to deal with any of those Thornes. He quickly looked under leaves and rocks as he sprinted through the dark jungle. The plants varied from a dark purple to its normal shade as the tree bark and rocks were plain black. He ran around the bright pink dirt, before stopping at the bright magma river. He looked at stone in the middle of the rock to source a small beam of green light. He squinted his eyes to see a turtle figure on the ground, found ya.

He stepped back, ready to sprint and jump towards the platform. As he placed his hands on the ground, he heard the stretch of a bowstring. Screw me, why don't you. He stood up and turned around to see Giv hiding on a tree branch.

Giv rolled her eyes as she jumped down, "how did you hear me?"

Chumbus rolled his neck and pointed to his cat ears, "meow." He chuckled to himself and tried to lie, "the Edgar Statue isn't around here, I've already checked. There's no use in fighting now."

"Yeah," Giv sighed as she pulled out an arrow, "or I can eliminate you now, putting you in the respawn room, and using that time to find the statue myself."

Chumbus smirked as he inhaled slowly. He shifted his gaze back to the magma island and nodded.

Giv tilted her head as she squinted her eyes, "what's over there?"

He focused back on her and squinted his eyes as he thought to himself. He glared, "the statue is, what of it? We going to fight now?"

"Is it really?" Giv lowered her bow before glaring again towards Chumbus, "or are you lying?"

"I can be lying," Chumbus placed his hands on the floor and looked up, "or not."

Giv smirked, "I know this trick. You want me to kill you, go over there where I'll just waste my time. Yeah, I'm not fucking stupid, I hope you know that. Wait..."