Chapter 7: Greater Power Shown

Executioner shouted out in anger as he sloshed around the water, "I knew we shouldn't have trusted that guy!"

"He did seem suspicious," Heruseus scratched his head, "but it seemed like he wanted to help us. He kept his promise though, he didn't loot us. Did he say anything about the future again? I kind of tuned out."

Executioner stopped stomping the wet sand and stood still, "I think so."

"Maybe he as a Legendary that allows him to see the future," Heruseus squinted his eyes, "no. He wielded Green Theorem. I also saw him holding other weapons, and he gave me Darkness Fang. Caleb even said he liked his "power" I don't think he can really hold all that power. He must have something that mimics other Legendary weapons." Heruseus stared at Darkness Fang.

"You really weren't listening, huh?" Executioner scolded him, "it's his gloves dude. It lets him replicate other Legendary weapons, dude gave a whole speech about them."

Heruseus nodded, "that makes sense. If Green Theorem and Darkness Fang are placed into the same inventory, they would have reacted."

"What caused you to space out like that?"

"I... I was thinking about Lisanna. She was a player, a Heart, in SAO. I thought she was dead..."

"Well she's a Thorne now. Let's get back to farming," Executioner re-equipped his armor, "thank god he didn't take anything. Especially this beautiful, maroon cloak." He equipped it as well, pulling it over his small black tank top.

Heruseus frowned as he stared at the water, "right."

Executioner grunted as he parried off an enemy's attack. He quickly stabbed it after receiving a message. He opened it and alerted Heruseus, "hey, Mel said they're going back."

"To the plaza?" Heruseus turned to him.

He responded simply as he closed the chat window, "check it yourself dude, it's on the group chat."

"Hold up, more adversaries," Heruseus dashed towards the oncoming enemies and began slashing.

Executioner squinted his eyes, "are you okay Theo? You seem a little more agitated."

"Fine. Go ahead and resurface, I'll meet you at the top after I read the message."

"Hey," Executioner tapped his shoulder, "we're not just friends. We're family. Don't let something distract you when you have people to talk to about it. I'll meet you up top."

Heruseus ignored him and opened the group chat.

Mel: hey were going back to reality. We went through a lot and we're tired as hell. Ill update you as soon as you get back. We're at Creature Inn, and just tell the person at the front desk your with us. Hurry back im really tired

Executioner: omw

Heruseus closed the window and began to swim towards the surface. He watched as the blurry images ahead of him became clear and the digital water crumbled off him. Executioner sat in the sand and waved towards him. Heruseus waved back and began swimming to the shore.

"Let's get going to Creature Inn," Executioner shouted as he got up.

"Just get to the inn and log-out, I'll see you there!" Heruseus told him as he swam back onto shore.

Executioner got up and waved as he ran back towards the inn. Heruseus waved back as he reached shore, and waited for him to be completely out of his vision. He slumped down onto the shore and watched as the waves washed up and down. Slowly taking away sediment from the land, slowly taking away life.