Chapter 15: Shocking Reunion

"I'll start first," Violet smiled as she rose from her bed. She hugged Max, "I'm Violet. Violet Wi- uhh, Violet Sparta. Yes, Violet Sparta."

Max watched as Lukas flicked her head. He held out his hand, "I guess it is rude of us to not introduce ourselves. I'm Lukas Rio." Max shook it, and looked around as Lukas introduced everyone else. "The man on the computer is Chris Havors, and that's Porter Madison."

Chris crossed his arms and stared as Max waved. Porter handed him a cup of water and greeted him, "nice to meet you properly Max."

Max nodded, "thank you... miss." He slowly sipped from the clear glass.

Porter blushed as the others laughed. Chris rolled his eyes and turned away to face the monitor. Lukas patted his back, "Porter's a man, Max."

Max spat out his water, "I-I'm sorry! I didn't know! Damn it, I messed up again, huh?"

Chris stood up and shook his drenched head, "you're definitely not on my goodie goodie list." He used the bottom of his shirt to wipe his face off, revealing his toned out core.

"It's okay, I get that all the time," Porter sighed as he scratched his head.

Heruseus sighed deeply as he watched the numbers count down. He looked to Rubi, who was focused on her runner's stance, and breathed in steadily as he focused as well. The moment the timer hit zero, the two bolted to the middle of the crowd.

"I can't get past anyone else!" Rubi screamed out as she struggled to keep pace.

Heruseus ran closer to her as he watched a couple other people pass him, "stay close. We're almost at the break point." The players he let pass him turned around and began swinging their weapons. Heruseus stopped and ducked, pulling Rubi down as well. He glared as he looked up, seeing Lisanna run further as Leyasu and Celes laughed. A large man with wavy blue hair stood besides them with a giant sword made of water.

"Great job Aquarius, stand down for now," Celes held out her hand and the blue man disappeared. "King of Swords will do that to you."

"Rachel?!" Heruseus stood up from the crowd of bodies.

Celes squinted her oriental eyes as she stared at the blond boy with messy hair and said slowly, "I don't know you."

"You know her, Theo?" Rubi stood up besides him.

Heruseus ignored her, "how many god damn people are going to say that here?!" He dashed towards her with his sword behind him. He swung with irritation, only to be blocked by Aquarius. He parried off his attack, forcing Heruseus to fall back with Rubi. "Rachel! We're here for Josh!"

Celes glared behind Aquarius, failing to hear a word he said. Leyasu bolted in front of her, running towards Heruseus. Rubi quickly blocked his attack with her lance of thin, red threads. Rubi grunted as she shouted, "go! The white hair chick ran towards your station! I'll take care of these two!"

"Rubi, I-"

Rubi forced Leyasu back and shouted as she turned around, "go!" Heruseus nodded and ran past Celes. He glared as he crossed her while she looked at him with confusion.

Leyasu shouted as he struggled with Rubi, "Celes! Go catch him! You can't let him catch up to Lis."

Rubi quickly shoved her lance through his armor and unraveled the thread. She ran to Celes and impaled her with a freshly made sword, "you aren't going anywhere." She used her claws to cut the red fiber after she tied the two together. With such speed and shock, Aquarius disappeared as Celes fell unconscious but did not die.