Chapter 30 - Dresses and Cocktails

Luna POV

"LEILA IF YOU DON'T HURRY UP AND GET DOWN HERE, I SWEAR TO GOD I WILL PICK OUT A WEDDING DRESS FROM WALMART AND MAKE YOU WEAR THAT ON YOUR WEDDING DAY!"  

Everyone in the room is bent over laughing at my outburst until Isabella gasps loudly.

"Oh my god, I need to go, I think I peed my pants a little," She says running over back towards her room. 

"Babe, remind me to kill you if my other pregnancies aren't as easy as this one..." I threaten Dante. 

Seriously, my pregnancy has been a breeze. In the first trimester, I barely got any morning sickness, I've only gained weight in my belly, I get emotional on occasion, but it's never out of control.   

The men have to meet with a new Italian buyer today, so us girls take the time to find Leila a dress. 

Getting ready to leave, Vito pulls me aside, handing me his black card, "make sure she feels like the principessa she is." I grab the card, winking at him. Sometimes Vito's obsession with my fashion sense makes me question his straightness, but I guess he's just super into fashion.

I had booked an appointment at one of Italy's finest wedding dress boutiques, but it was quite the drive. I didn't want to bug Dante cause of his meeting, but I wanted to hear his voice, so I decided to call him. 

"Hello?" Dante's voice sounds off. 

"Are you drunk?!" 

"I mean, maybe a little.." there's a bunch of background conversation and I hear Vito yelling, "GIVE ME THE PHONE, I WANT TO SAY HI TO MY BEST FRIEND!" I can hear Roman slurring some nonsense at someone. 

"What the hell are you guys doing?! I thought you were at meeting!" 

"We are, we're just having.....a few cocktails..." He hiccups. 

"Okay, drunky, I'll talk to you later, stay safe please. Love you."

"Love you too, I will. You be safe too." 

Hanging up I turn my attention to my girls.

"Our men are like a bunch of frat boys with fake I.D.s right now. They're wasted!" 

"Aren't they at a meeting?" Leila questions.

"Apparently it's a meeting that includes cocktails," I laugh.

"Well, girls, I wish we could be toasting with champagne, butttt I'll just drink some and you guys can toast with sparkling cider!" Leila pours us the sparkling non-alcoholic drink. We all clink glasses. 

2 hours and countless dresses later, Leila finally walks out, smiling ear to ear.

Isabella and I look at each other, both in love with the dress, before turning to her with tears in our eyes.

"This is it, this is the dress!" I clap my hands. 

"Yes, it definitely is!" Isabella agrees. 

Leila just looks at her reflection in the mirror, with her mouth open, and tears form in her eyes. She nods harshly, agreeing with us. It's simple but still makes her stand out. 

"You look like a princess

"You look like a princess.." I whisper, a tear falling down my cheek.

She starts fanning her face with her hands, holding back tears. 

"Stop crying you pregnant hormonal women!" She laughs, still trying to hold back the water in her eyes. 

Isabella and I get up, pulling her into a group hug. 

"We love you so much, Leila," Isabella's the first to speak as we pull away from the hug.

I nod my head, "I'm honored to have you as my right hand Leila, I couldn't ask for a better woman to help me run my empire. I couldn't ask for a better woman to be my friend. And I couldn't have asked for a better woman to marry my best friend."

With that, Leila can no longer hold in her tears, and they fall down her face.