Chapter 9- Lethal

*Author's Note:

Hi all! This chapter will be a little short and boring, I'm trying to just lead up to the big events that are to come. Enjoy, like, share, and vote!

* One Month After Last Chapter

Luna POV

It's been enough time since my injuries have healed. I'm ecstatic as I throw my hair into a ponytail, and slip on my crop top and workout pants. 

I run down the stairs, straight into the kitchen, and throw myself into my husband's arms. "Good morning baby!" I giggle as he kisses me on the neck.

"Are you excited darling?" He smiles at my excitement. 

"Yes! I've missed training so much!" I say, before taking a bite of the whole wheat toast Dante had made for us. 

"Eat up, mio amore, time to become a lethal weapon again." 

We finish our breakfast before heading to our home gym to start our workout. Usually Vito or Roman trains me, but Dante's been running around crazy, so I asked him to help me so I could spend more time with him. He gladly accepted as long as we kept it to him helping me with the punching bags, and not actually fighting me. I understand why, I mean, he didn't want to hit his wife, duh. 

We are running on the treadmill, and I reach over to his, pressing the speed button to an impossibly fast pace. I laugh so hard at his struggle, that I end up tripping and flying off my own treadmill. 

Dante hovers me while I lay on the ground and we both are laughing so hard that we have tears in our eyes. Only in front of him, would this make me laugh instead of getting embarrassed.

"Karma is a bitch, my love" He teases before kissing me and helping me stand. 

We spend the next hour hitting and kicking the bags, and I'm already sore as can be. 

I watch as sweat falls down his big chest, and hard pecs, to his toned 8 pack, and bite my lip when it reaches his V-line right above his shorts. Noticing my stare, he smirks seductively, "if you want me, all you have to do is ask baby."

I blush, and slowly smile back, before biting my lip. He growls and walks up to me. Our lips are so close to touching when my phone rings. I groan and roll my eyes at the interruption. 'Damn I just wanna have sweaty, hot, quick sex with my god of a husband..'

"Hello?" I answer without looking at caller ID. 

"Oh hello, my soon to be princess..." a creepy threatening voice comes through the earpiece. My hairs on the back of my neck stick up, 'Kaiden.'

My eyes go wide with fear, as I put the phone on speaker so Dante can hear. 

"What do you want, Kaiden?" I snap, scaring myself at the sound of my own fierceness. 

"Well isn't that obvious? I want my mafia back, I want Dante dead, and I want my girl back..." 

Dante signals a guard over, whispering to get someone to start tracing the call. He pulls me to the kitchen where the men wait with their machines, and mouths "keep him talking."

"Kaiden, why are you doing this?"

"BECAUSE HE TOOK EVERYTHING FROM ME!" Kaiden's voice screams through the phone. 

I flinch at the sound crackling through the speakerphone. "Kaiden, we can just sit down and talk this out. You don't have to be violent, or mad."

"Yes I do. Cause once I take you, Dante will finally understand the pain I've felt my whole life." 

Dante flashes 10 fingers up, letting me know the tracers need 10 more seconds. Whatever I say next could make it or break it.

"Kaiden, I know you feel betrayed by your brother, but why would you want to hurt me? I know I hurt you, but why would you want to kidnap me and inflict pain on me?" 

"For a number of reasons. 1) you fucking left me and decided to shack up with my fucking brother...2) you need to feel the pain I felt that night that Dante announced you were his...and 3)because hurting you, is the best way to hurt him." 

Dante gives me the thumbs up. "Kaiden, don't do this. It will end badly for you..."

"Too late, the plan's in motion.." 'Click'.

Dante hugs me, "I'm proud of you mia ragazza."

All the men clap, giving me praise for keeping him on the phone that long. 

"We got him, boys" I say smiling.