Chapter 27- The Heir

*Author's Note:

OMG! Luna and Dante are pregnant!!! How will Dante react at dinner? How is Aiden's plan coming along? Is the mafia in danger? Read to find out! 

Dante POV

Luna and I arrive at our favorite formal restaurant to celebrate our four years of marriage. After the stressful trip to Russia, I am so excited to unwind and enjoy the evening with the love of my life. 

I can sense something is off with Luna, she's been quiet and nervous all night, which is unlike her normal bubbly outgoing personality. 

I pull out her chair, and let her sit before taking my seat. 

"A bottle of the Moet and Chandon Imperial Brut, please," I order from the waiter.

"Actually...Dante, you should just get a glass for yourself, I'll just have a sparkling water with lemon, please."

Confused, I turn to the waiter, "sure, I'll just have a glass of whatever Merlot you have."

The waiter turns and leaves. "Sparkling water? It's unlike you to turn down champagne."

"Hey! You make it sound like I'm an alcoholic! I just am a champagne snob!" Luna jokes, pretending to be offended.

I smirk back.

"I can tell something's been up all day, Luna. What's wrong?" 

She looks over to the gift bag sitting on the table next to her. 

"Well, I wanted to wait to give you your gift, but maybe you should open it now."

Grabbing it from her, I slowly peak in, scared of what could be causing her to act so strangely.

Slowly unwrapping it from the tissue paper, I look at the fuzzy black and white picture. 'Wait a second...' My mind slowly recognizing what the picture is.

I snap my head up, to look at Luna's face. There are tears in her eyes, and she's still nervously fidgeting with her hands. 

"Is this? Is this what I think it is? You're....we're pregnant?" I stutter. 

A tear rolls down her cheek, as she nods her head.

I start exclaiming my excitement at her, still in disbelief.

"Dante, you're screaming in Italian. I can pick up some of the words, but I have no clue what you're actually saying!"

In my moment of extreme happiness, I hadn't realized I had been speaking fast Italian, confusing her.

"OH MY GOD MY LOVE! OH MY GOD. THERE ARE NO WORDS, I AM SO HAPPY!" My excitement has caused multiple heads to turn, annoyed at my loudness, but I don't give a shit. 

I shoot out of my chair, and pick her up out of hers, holding and kissing her. Telling her how much I love her in-between kisses. 

Now, the whole restaurant is staring at us rudely for interrupting their conversations. 

I put my hand up, announcing, "Mi displace (I'm sorry), please excuse me."

Everyone shoots a dirty look at me, before returning to their dinners. 

For the rest of dinner, I am on cloud nine. The love of my life is carrying my child, our child, the future heir of my enormous empire. Every King and Queen, need an heir. 

*Author's Note:

I'm sorry for the extremely short chapter! I just want to clarify, Dante is extremely happy to be having a baby with Luna. It's not about having an heir, he's truly excited to start a family. I just wanted to write it this way, to connect the storyline of the third book in the series.