Chapter 16- Friend or Foe?

. *6 Months Later

Luna POV

I have just finished icing the cake, when I feel a pair of arms wrap around me. 

"Oh, that smells amazing, mio amore," Dante whispers into my ear. 

"No touching it, it's for our guests tonight."

"Well I guess I'll just have to touch something else that's delicious as well," He seductively growls, spinning me around and pinning me into the counter. 

"I have to get ready, everyone is arriving at 8..." I glance at the clock, it's 7pm now and I still need to shower, get ready, and get dressed. Luckily tonight is just a casual dinner party with our closest friends. 

Dante pouts, "fine, but I will have my dessert later, and I'm not talking about the cake." 

"Promise?" I ask.

"Oh baby, that's a fucking promise."

I smile, and head to get ready. After I've showered, put on natural makeup, and curled my hair into loose waves, I go to the closet to decide on my outfit. 

Since it's on the casual side, I pick a black oversized sweater, black skinny jeans that cut off at the ankle, and simple black strappy heels. I add my favorite big,gold, hoop earrings that Dante had surprised me with during our last trip to New York City. I slip on a couple gold stacking rings, and my outfit is complete. 

The first group of our guests have arrived including, Roman and Isabella (who looks damn good after having a baby), Vito, Dino (his wife couldn't make it tonight), Damion and Marco (previously my bodyguards, who have quickly impressed Dante and rose up the ranks to his inner circle). Sienna has yet to arrive. 

Everyone is chatting, drinks in their hands, when the doorbell rings, and I run to answer it. I can feel the atmosphere of the room change when Sienna walks. At first I'm confused as to why, until I see Aiden walking in behind her. They have been dating for the past 6 months, but none of us have met him yet, and I get the vibe that the men don't get a good feeling from him already. 

Dante confirms my theory, when I feel him walk up next to me and pull me close to his side. He's always affectionate to me, but around our trusted inner circle, he's at ease with not having me close to him at all times. The clutch he has around my waist, confirms he doesn't like this man, putting me on alert, as I trust Dante's judgement completely. 

Aiden and Sienna walk up to Dante. "Dante, this is Aiden, my boyfriend." As she introduces him, he sticks his hand out to shake Dante's. Dante just glares at his hand, then back at his face, not saying a word.

"Okayyyy.....this is Luna." I go to shake Aiden's hand, but Vito is at my side, grabbing my arm away, and invading Aiden's space, getting right into his face.

Roman, being the diplomatic one, comes over and introduces himself and Isabella, but his grip on Isabella is telling me he doesn't like the guy either. 

The tension in the room is so thick, you could cut it with a butter knife, so I speak up, "Okay everyone, let's go to the table, dinner is about to start," I direct them to the table before I find Maria and instruct her to pour everyone a glass of our favorite Italian red wine, and then serve the appetizers. 

Dante takes his seat at the head of the table, Roman sits to his left, and I sit to his right. Vito takes the next seat to the right of me. Everyone is seated and the only sit left for Aiden is at the opposite head of the table, across from Dante. Dante's glare never leaves Aiden's eyes, as Aiden takes a seat. 

'Thank God there's alcohol,'  I jokingly think to myself. Once everyone has a glass, I raise mine and toast, "To family, to friends, to love." Everyone elevates their glasses, before taking a sip. 

I stare into Aiden's dark eyes, thinking, 'Is he a friend? Or is he a foe?'