Chapter 6- Payback

*Author's Note:

Above is your daily dose of sexy Dante (Sean O Pry). *cat calls*. Anyways, this chapter may be a trigger, so viewer discretion advised. Don't hate me for doing what I'm about to do, I have a plan and I can guarantee a happy ending for this series!!!!! I PROMISE! 

Dante POV

A piercing scream jolts me straight out of bed, instinctively grabbing my gun out of the bedside table. I flip on the light switch and at the same time, our bedroom door flies open, hitting the wall so hard, it puts a hole in it.

It feels like slow motion as I turn my head to see my love, laying in a pool of blood and broken glass on the floor next to the busted window. I scream out, sounding as if I could kill the next person that breathes. I hear Roman's voice, "Che diavolo sta succedendo?!?" (What the hell is going on)

As my brain starts functioning again, I yell out orders to everyone in the room. "GO FIND THE MOTHERFUCKER THAT DID THIS!!!" My voice booming so loud, I swear I could feel the house shake. "ROMAN CALL OUR DOCTOR AT THE HOSPITAL, LET THEM KNOW WE ARE COMING IN!" We have doctors and nurses on the payroll at the local hospital, so that they take the best care of us, and ask no questions.  

I run to my love, grabbing her in my arms, trying to wake her. "Baby, don't you close those eyes! Don't do it baby! Come on, wake up!" I lightly tap her cheeks, trying to encourage her to open her eyes. 

Tears are running down my cheeks as I carry her into the emergency room, handing her over to the doctors and nurses who are there ready for our arrival. As they run with her on the gurney, I give her hand one last small squeeze before they rush her through the restricted area doors. 

After 30 minutes, one of our doctors, Dr. Michaels, comes out. I quickly stand up and run to him, Vito and Roman at my sides. He takes a breath before explaining, "she was hit in the stomach, fortunately the bullet didn't hit any organs, and was a clean hit, in and out. She's stable, we are monitoring her very carefully.." I look at him, urging him to explain in non-doctor words. He picks up my hint, "she will be okay, nothing was severely injured. She's sleeping now, but she's expected to make a full recovery after much rest and healing." 

I take a breath, knowing my angel will be okay, but I hold my breath again once I see the doctor biting his lip, as if he has bad news. "What is it doc?" I ask, cutting straight to the chase.

"You might want to be alone for this news..." he trails off, looking at Roman and Vito. I shake my head, "they are family, they can stay."

He nods, and ushers us to sit down. "I'm sure you are well aware your wife was on a birth control method called an IUD. It's highly effective, however, there is always that one in a million chance that you can get pregnant. After we ran a blood test before taking her into surgery, it showed she was pregnant, and we had our prenatal doctor come take a look."

My eyes are watering, I'm about to break down. 

"Because of the IUD, Luna had what we call an ectopic pregnancy. That means the fertilized egg stayed in the Fallopian tubes rather than her uterus. It's very dangerous, and life-threatening for your wife, and the baby, if it's not taken care of, so we had to terminate the pregnancy. Because of an ectopic pregnancy, there's a high chance that she will have trouble conceiving in the future, due to the damage done on her reproductive system. I am so extremely sorry, Mr. Constantino." He carefully explains, before putting his hand on my shoulder, then walking away. 

If it weren't for me sitting in the waiting room chair, I would've fallen to my knees. Tears streamed down my face, as I screamed out in agony. Roman and Vito are instantly silently comforting me, placing their hands on my shoulders as they sit next to me. I am so thankful that my beautiful wife is alive and okay, but I am devastated that we had to have lost our baby, and possibly not be able to have any other children. Of course, I will forever cherish and love my wife, I'd NEVER even think about leaving her or EVER be unhappy with her, but we both did want children one day. I know she will be devastated. 

*Two Days Later

It was Luna's last day in the hospital, and tonight she could come home, finally. I stayed at the hospital day and night, never leaving her side. When she woke this morning, she demanded I go shower and clean myself up before coming back to pick her up. After arguing, I eventually listened. Dr. Michaels had broke the news to Luna yesterday, and she was completely torn up about it. She apologized over and over to me, and I had to reassure her all day long that it was okay, it wasn't her fault, and I'd never leave her side. We are both so upset, but I know we are strong and we will make it through this. 

After pulling myself together, I head back to the hospital, excited to have my baby at home again. Luna's awake when I get to her room, fidgeting with her hands. "What's wrong love.."

She smiles, relaxing at my arrival. "I know this is going to sound crazy, because it was dark and late that night...but I know who did this.."

I freeze, balling my hands into a fist, causing my knuckles to go white. "Who?!" I spit out.

"I just had this strange feeling, so I woke up and knew I needed to go look out the window. It was Kaiden, Dante. It was Kaiden who did this."

Motherfucker. I am going to fucking kill him. 'Payback is a bitch, little brother.'