Chapter 47 - The Trickster

Once again, Stiles was missing. 

 The workers at Eichen House have no idea where he went, and as it turns out, the last person to see him was Malia Tate. I had been with Scott when she approached him. She said that Stiles told her Scott could help her learn to control her abilities so she could shift back into a coyote.

 There was something about her that kept me from believing a word she said. Maybe it was the animalistic look she carried in her eyes. She had said that Stiles was obsessed with going down to the basement, and in the end they found a body on the other side of a hallowed wall. 

 She said she doesn't remember much after that, since some guy named Oliver knocked her out with some kind of drug. Then, when she woke up, Stiles was gone. No one has seen or heard from him since. 

 "Sorry, but I can't let you walk out with this," said Deputy Parrish as he held out Chris' electric rod. "It's way above the legal voltage limit."

 Eric and I stood behind Chris and Derek as the two collected their belongings that they had turned in when they got arrested. The two were finally being let go, and since I didn't want to be left alone at the moment, I went with Eric to go pick them up from the station.

 "I only use it for hunting," said Chris, giving Derek a side glance.

 "Yeah well I'm pretty sure you could use it to jump start a 747," said Parrish. 

 Eric and I gave each other nervous looks. We both know what that electric rod is really used for. However, it's not like we can go spilling the secret that the Argent's use it to stun werewolves to some deputy who's only seen the half of what actually goes on in this town.

 "This property belongs to me and the charges were dropped," said Chris. "Although I'm not exactly sure who's responsible for that,"

 "I am," said Sheriff Stilinski, walking out from his office. "I'll take care of this, Parrish,"

 "Sheriff, I'm not kidding you," said Parrish. "This thing's a few watts from being a light saber,"

 The Sheriff took the rod as I looked over at Eric with a bemused expression. "I said I'll take care of it,"

 He gestured for the four of us to follow him into his office. He moved around to his side of the desk and set down the electric rod. When he looked up his eyes met mine and there was a pity in them that made my stomach twist into a knot.

 "The specialist in LA told me the thing that every doctor says when he's trying to avoid a lawsuit," started the Sheriff. "We can't say for sure,"

 My head dropped and I started down at my feet. 

 "Then I spoke with Melissa," he continued, pulling out something from the file on top of his desk "These are brain scans. My wife's, and Stiles',"

 He handed the two pictures to Chris, who overlapped them. I lifted my head back up and took a step forward to see what Chris was looking at. When he stacked them together, you couldn't even spot a difference.

 "I knew they were similar," said the Sheriff. "But those are the same, exactly the same,"

 "I'm guessing this isn't possible," said Derek.

 "Not even remotely," said the Sheriff. 

 "So what does this mean?" I asked, looking from the scans to the other four men in the room.

 "The trickster is still playing tricks," said Chris, setting the images down on the desk. 

 "But why this trick?" Eric asked, folding his arms.