Chapter 2 - Open Wound

"You wanna ask Derek for help? Why? Why?" Stiles asked Scott as we walked down the hallway of school the next morning.

 "He's got the triskele tattoo on his back," said Scott. "So there has to be a way to do it without healing, right?"

 I tried looking something up for Scott in Mom's office last night, but I didn't have any luck. Derek didn't have the tattoo when he left six years ago, and when he came back he did. How he managed to not have it heal is beyond me. As much as I hate to admit it, if Scott really does want this tattoo, then Derek's his best shot.

 "Yeah, but still," said Stiles. We stopped as we came across a bulletin board with missing persons posters for Boyd and Erica. "Doesn't he have his hands a little full?"

 Eric and I spent an entire week scouring everything within a fifty-mile radius of Beacon Hills this summer. We checked every nearby town, asking people if their pictures looked familiar. But, they were nowhere to be found. It's like they just disappeared or something.

 "Look, these are the applications for the Career Advisor. I need them sorted," spoke a familiar British accent from around the corner. "And whatever happened to the library while I was gone I want it cleared up. And what, the hell, is this?"

 The three of us peered around to see our old principal in his office with a secretary. With Gerard who knows where, it's not surprising that he's back. Although, my heart jumped when I saw the three-foot long sword he was holding up. We probably should have cleared out all of Gerard's psycho hunting things.

 "Go," said Stiles, dipping his head. "Go, go,"

 We hurried away from the scene, having been caught in the middle of enough trouble in the past. I saw Allison and Lydia talking by their lockers. I didn't have much of a chance to talk to either of them last night and Allison and I haven't been able to catch up.

 "I'm gonna go talk to Lydia and Allison," I said to Stiles. "Save me a seat?"

 "Totally," he said. He gave me a swift kiss on the cheek before heading to our first period English class with Scott.

 With a sigh, I approached Allison and Lydia. "Hey guys," I said.

 Lydia eyed my outfit, looking me up and down. A smirk made its way to her lips. "Looks like I've finally got you trained, huh?"

 Considering Lydia practically bought me an entirely new wardrobe this summer, I'd say she definitely has me trained. As cute as I feel wearing dresses and skirts now, I do miss my days of sweaters and skinny jeans. It's important to always wear something comfortable in the world of the supernatural, because you never know when you'll be going on your next adventure.

 "Do you see what you left me with?" I asked Allison. I folded my arms across my chest and cocked my hip. "She's been brainwashing me all summer without you here to distract her attention from me."

 Allison gave a laugh, the dimples on her cheeks showing. "Yeah, sorry about that. You do look cute though,"

 I flipped my hair, mocking the way Lydia always does it. "Thanks,"

 Lydia rolled her eyes. "You're welcome. Now come on," she said, grabbing both of us by the wrist. "I want to get good seats,"

 "How was France?" I asked Allison as Lydia drug us with her down the hallway.

 "Alright," she said.

 "Oh come on, you were in one of the most romantic countries in the world and it was just 'alright'?"