Chapter 43 - No Interruptions

**WARNING: This chapter contains adult content. If you don't feel that this is appropriate for you please don't hesitate to send me a message so we can work something out.

 I was poking at a bowl of cheap cereal when Eric walked into the kitchen, his hair still damp from his shower. I've hardly eaten anything the past two days, and this bowl of stale cereal doesn't even look remotely appetizing.

 "Anything yet?" Eric asked me, reaching into the fridge and pulling out the jug of orange juice.

 "No," I said with a sigh, dropping my spoon back into the bowl with a clang. "There still looking for him. It's past the 48 hour mark,"

 No one had seen Stiles since the night at the hospital when his jeep was spotted leaving the parking lot. After investigation the police found that the loose cable wire that ended up killing two people and putting Isaac in the ICU was cut and potentially sabotaged. I know that we need to tell the Sheriff what's really going on with Stiles, but I just don't know if I have the heart for that.

 Eric sat the jug down on the counter and came over to me. "Look, if anyone is going to be missing for two days and turn up just fine, it's Stiles,"

 I nodded, swallowing the thick lump in my throat. I pushed the bowl away from me and stood up, grabbing my bag from the floor and slinging it over my shoulder. I was trying really hard to not think about Stiles, to not think about this thing inside of him, but it's all that goes through my mind.

 "I'm uh, I'm gonna go see Isaac...before school," I said, not daring to look my brother in the eye because I didn't want him to see how bloodshot mine were. 

 "Okay," he said. "Let me know how it goes,"

 I just nodded again, my throat feeling too tight to make words. Everyone's been looking at me these past two days like I'm some kind of ticking time bomb just waiting to go off. Maybe I am. I don't know how Stiles managed to deal with all of this when I couldn't control my darkness. If he felt anything like the way I feel now, I owe him so much more than I could have ever imagined.

 The drive to the hospital felt quiet and kind of stale in a way, like without Stiles everything just seems to lose color. The nurse at the receptionist's desk directed me to Isaac's room and I followed her instructions until I found Allison asleep against the wall on the bench.

 I reached out and gave her shoulder a light shake. Her eyes fluttered open and she turned her head to look at me. "You been here all night?" I asked her.

 "Yeah," she said. "They won't let me see him cause I'm not family. I told them he doesn't have any,"

 "Well he's got us," said a familiar voice. I turned around to see Melissa and Scott standing behind me. Scott must have had the same idea about seeing Isaac before school. Melissa then pulled something out of her pocket. "And I've got a key card,"

 Melissa unlocked the doors for us, telling us to be quick before we walked into the room. Isaac was laying in a bed, a constant beeping coming from the heart monitor next to him. He seemed to be sleeping, his eyes closed and head titled to the side. Terrible burns covered his right arm all the way up to his cheek. 

 "I thought he'd be healing by now," said Allison.

 "So did I," said Scott. 

 They both looked to me, and I knew what I had to do. With a deep breath, I grabbed Isaac's forearm in one hand, placing the other over his heart. Exhaling, I let the dark purple run up my veins. It burned like a thousand white hot knives digging into my skin, but it was working. The burns weren't healing completely, but now they were at least beginning to get there.