Chapter 3

Tuesday after Labour Day.
(When school starts)
8:00am

Liam's alarm goes off loudly. Liam wakes up happy and in a good mood, excited for the first day of 11th grade. And happy that his dad doesn't get back until ten at night when he's supposedly "sleeping".

Liam quickly gets up and goes to the shower waiting for the hot water to come in as he gets undressed. He looks at himself in the mirror before frowning and looking away. His low self esteem getting the best of him.

Liam sighs getting in. The warm water hitting his back causing shivers and chills to start from his back all the way to his ears. A song just suddenly pops into his mind. A beautiful song. Called 'Can I Exist?' By Missio.

He hums the song quietly scratching his scalp with shampoo.

Meanwhile

Axle is washing off his body getting ready for the first day of school. He's never happy about school. Well come to think of it Axle is never happy.

"Home is where...they say the heart is. Mines buried in... the.. yard
Hell's a place they say is for sinners.
I'll be the man in charge." Axle hears a soothing voice pulling him to sleep. It was so smooth. But Axle stayed awake to hear it.

"But, how, can I exist within the midst of this?
But, how, can I admit that I would quit on you?"

He hums the music for the chorus and then gets to the second verse.

"I wrote God a simple letter
Still haven't heard from him
I must have really messed up this time
Shit must have hit the fan.
But, how, can I exist within the midst of this?
But, how, can I admit that I would quit on you?"

He hums the last verse since there are no lyrics.

Axel gets out the shower still hearing the voice and brushes his teeth.

Liam sings the outro of the song.

"(But how) Can I exist within the midst of this?
(But how) Can I admit that I would quit on you?
(But)
(But how) Can I admit that I would quit on you?"

UGH SHUT UP!

Soon Liam stops then gets out. Axle thwn rolls his eyes.

Axle doesn't really have feelings. He fakes them so people can like him. So far for 8 years it's worked. He's not psychopathic even though he shows signs of it by faking emotions because he doesnt have any. But he has some. He just needs someone to help him figure out how to express them. He only expresses anger and annoyance truly from his heart. Anger is the easiest to show for most people and it's the only one he truly means to show. But all the other ones are still locked away.

Axle exits the building. He walks to school. The only thing he's excited for is leaving. In 12th grade you only have about 5 (or less) classes. Axle has 3 classes. Axle makes good grades, but not honour roll.

Liam gets honour roll. And he takes
Ap classes. So when he gets to 12th grade he'll only have 1 or 2 classes.

Liam gets his round circular glasses. They had gold rimming and they looked cute but nerdy.

He grabbed his anime manga book and walked to school. Immediately, he sees Axle walking further down the road. Axle turns the corner causing Liam to sigh in relief. Liam reads and walks at the same time.

Nai you are so adorable I love you.

Gareki and Nai. A good ship. My heart eyezzzz.

Liam smiles. He looks up and sees the school. He basically followed Axle but far behind him at the same time. The school is pretty small for a highschool but the advantage is the same as the disadvantage. Everyone knows everyone.

"AAAAAAAAAAAHHH OMYGOD I MISSED YOU!" Liam hears all the screams from girls while the guys do their weird handshakes as they check out the girls that look a lot more developed than before. Some saying 'We saw each other yesterday but I still missed you!' Liam rolls his eyes. Walking on the huge school yard everyone looked at him.

"A new kid?"

"A new dude."

"He's hot."

"More like adorable."

"He's squishy. But skinny."

The girls would say.^

"What a twink."

"Nerd alert."

"Geek."

The boys would say. Liam looked down trying to focus on the positive. But all he heard was the negative. He didn't want to hear the negative. But he felt like the positive were all lies.

Liam walked into school and there were people staring then. He just looked down at his manga. Until he found someone approachable.

He looks like my people! Liam thought as he walked over to the boy.

He has medium sized curly hair. His glasses has black rimming. He looked like a hot nerd. His thick black eyebrows laid perfectly on his forehead. His slight dimples showing as he sees Liam coming over.

"Hi you must be the new kid." He smiles.

"Yes...I'm Liam...Liam Walker."

"Well I'm Ethan Hernandez." Ethan says smiling.

"I'm wondering where is the principals office."

"Oh you don't go to the principals office on the first day here. You get assigned to someone and I'm that person." He smiles again. This time Liam smiles back. But it was fake. He honestly didn't want to be here. He missed his friends that would take his mind of his Dad and his moms' death. He still remembers that day he was almost beat to death.

*Flashback*

Liam walked in the house at 3am tip toeing so his Daddy won't hear the dark wooden floors creek. He went through the dinning room to the kitchen to get some water. Then to the living where Sam was waiting.

"Where the fuck were you, Bitch!"

"I was at my f-friends house."

"BULLSHIT." Sam screams punching Liam in the jaw causing Liam's jaw to throb nonstop. He felt tears of pain prickle down his red cheek.

Sam's eyes turned black as he couldn't stop punching Liam. He kicked him in the chest and stomach repeatedly. Sam went to the corner to get a vase. He threw it down on the ground missing Liam since he had moved away. The sound of the broken vase sounded through the home.

*Outside*

Aiden looked up with a questioning expression. He heard a loud crash. To make sure his best friend was okay he got out the car. He walked to the front porch. He saw that it was unlocked which never happens. He walks in and immediately he's Liam running and not looking at what's in front of him. Soon he crashes into Aidens' chest. Liam falls back but before he hit the floor Aiden grabbed his wrist pulling him to his chest again.

Aiden sees Sam stumbling around. He pushes Liam behind him and opens the door slightly. Sam looks at them both before passing out. He was drunk.

"You're coming with me Liam." Aiden says holding Liam up.

"No he'll get even more mad." Liam says pleading.

"Nope. Not listening to you. Lets go."

"I c-can't walk." Liam says looking down.

"Ok. Get on my back."

*End*

"And this is the nerd spot. The hiding place for people like us." Ethan smiles.

"Oh.." Liam says not liking the hiding. But if that's what it takes to make it in school for another 2 years then so be it.