Chapter 29

"I'm taking you on a date," Camila told Lauren when she entered said girl's bedroom after being downstairs to grab a snack.

"What?" Lauren mumbled with a mouthful of a ham and cheese sandwich. She plopped on the bed next to her girlfriend and offered her the other half that had been cut with a butter knife.

"Tomorrow, as soon as we're awake and ready, I'm taking you on a date."

"You're not even going to ask? You're just going to assume I'm free-"

Camila pressed their lips together chastely to get her to shut up and said, "Stop being an ass, babe."

Giggling at her own joke, Lauren said, "Of course I'll go on a date with you. What are we doing?"

"You'll find out tomorrow."

"You don't know, do you?"

"I never said that." Camila made herself unable to respond to any further questioning when she shoved the half of the ham and cheese sandwich in her mouth. She took a large bite of it, just enough to be able to give Lauren a smile.

"You're disgusting."

"So?" she said while chewing. Once she got it down with a big gulp, she scooted in closer to the other girl. "You're still going to kiss me."

"No, I'm not." Lauren scoffed playfully and whipped out her phone to reply to the few texts she had from Dinah, Normani, and Lucy. She responded to them in order of when they were received rather than by favorite because she wasn't about that life. But she did so with a teasing smile to get on Camila's nerves.

"Baby." Camila softly kissed her cheek, needing to feel her girlfriend's full lips pressed on hers... or any attention. 

"Did you say something?"

"Yeah, I said give me a kiss."

Lauren raised her eyebrows as if wanting her to proceed.

"Please, beautiful?"

Smiling, the younger girl leaned forward to grant her girlfriend's wishes. They met in the middle softly, conjoining together in a rhythm that almost made Lauren drop her sandwich. Almost.

"Better?" Lauren grinned.

"Absolutely."

She dropped one more kiss on Camila's cheek before returning her full attention to her sandwich again. She ate it happily because, for some reason, it tasted amazing. Her mom was truly a blessing with even simple cooking.

"I have a question for you, although I'm positive I already know the answer," Camila said randomly after wiping sandwich crumbs off the front of her shirt and onto the bed. She carefully brushed it onto the floor from there because it was better to step on the crumbs than to sleep with them.

"Well, what is it?" the green-eyed girl asked nervously.

"Have you ever done drugs before?"

"No, of course not. My mom would kill me if I touched that stuff."

"I thought so." She smiled and patted her girlfriend's knee assuringly. "That's a good thing, babe."

"Have you?"

"I just smoked a bit. I did that more last year than anything."

"Smoked what?"

"Weed, Lauren." Camila held in her laughter because what else would she smoke? She wasn't that deep into drugs.