Chapter 22

Lauren waited impatiently on her bed, arms crossed and knee bouncing. She didn't know Camila's mom was the dean of the campus; they had different last names. It would make sense though, seeing as Camila's carefree attitude of not doing homework or not showing up still got her through her classes easily. Lauren just had so many questions.

It was hard enough to get her to open up about her dad and little sister, but she couldn't have mentioned her mom is located on the same campus? She shook hands with her at the student orientation. She met her, and she felt like she needed a chance to make a good impression. Lauren refused to be angry in any way about it, as Camila was a private person and she never asked anyway. She just had to wait for her to talk about it herself.

Camila stepped through the door, her head hung low, and sighed. "I guess we won't be having that date tonight after all."

"What happened?" She honestly didn't give a shit about a date because the reasoning for her dejected mood was more important. 

"As you heard, that's my mom, the fucking dean." She raised her eyes but didn't focus them on Lauren. "She's just a bitch, and I don't feel up to anything now so I'm sorry. I really did want to go out with you though, so maybe tomorrow-"

"Hey, you don't have to apologize for anything." Lauren slid off her bed and approached the older girl, cupping her cheeks to hopefully perk up a smile from her. "And that's okay. If you're in a bad mood, we could wait it out in here tonight and watch movies... unless you want to be alone. I could go bother Dinah and Normani. I'm sure they wouldn't mind my intrusion."

"I want you here." Her soft, brown eyes held sincerity as she peered into Lauren's eyes. "Movies sound nice."

"We can do that."

"You sure? You don't have to keep me company because I'll be all boring, sad, and quiet because she absolutely ruined my mood."

"I want to, trust me." Lauren pecked her lips gently and smiled when she witnessed one on the other girl's irresistible lips. "I just have to run in and say hi to the two girls down the hall, and then I'm all yours."

"All mine," Camila repeated. She leaned back on the bed with two outstretched hands rather than wrapping them around Lauren's waist like she wanted to. She didn't understand why she was so hesitant with the affection now. Maybe it was what her mom said to her. 

"I'll be right back."

"Okay."

Lauren flashed the gloomy girl one last smile before heading out the door. She hurried straight to the dorm belonging to her best friends just so she could get back faster to her own room. She didn't like seeing Camila in such a bad mood; it was too rare of an occurrence opposed to her regular, energetic personality. She loved seeing that girl smile too damn much. 

"Lauren!" Normani greeted cheerfully upon opening the door. She pulled her friend into a warm hug as if she didn't see her for a month rather than a weekend. 

Dinah immediately jumped into the hug, wrapping her long arms around both girls. She nuzzled her nose into her roommate's hair because it was the closest thing to snuggle into.

"Hey, guys." Lauren smiled from all the love of the two girls. "How have you been handling a few days without me?"

"I cried every night," Dinah said dramatically. She leaned away from them and pretended to wipe a stray tear. 

Normani smiled at her roommate's humorous antics. 

The two pulled their friend into the room while she resisted slightly, glancing back into the hall as if she could shoot Camila an apologetic look. She loved her friends but...