Chapter 22: A Rainy Indoors Day

It was a peaceful night in Baker Street. In 221B everyone was sound asleep. Except for Sherlock. He tossed and turned in his tiny crib unable to find peace. He soon sighed looking at his stuffie.

It wasn't his fault. He was excited for the next day! Because tomorrow John and Sherlock were going to the beach! He couldn't wait! It had been amazing outside the last couple of days in England. So it was perfect summer weather to get out and enjoy the day.

John had everything packed by the door ready for tomorrow. Sherlock hadn't been to the beach in forever! He can't even remember the last time he was there! He just couldn't wait.

But sadly due to his excitement he couldn't even relax in bed. He would toss and turn and never find peace. Finally he couldn't take it anymore. He threw his blanket off and grab his stuffie. He stood up on his tippy toes, trying to look over the crib side at John.

John was out like a light in Sherlock's big bed. He was unaware of anything in the world. Sherlock looked over at John frustrated by his peaceful sleep. How come he could sleep and Sherlock couldn't. So like any infant, Sherlock tried to wake up John.

He started out by calling his name. "John!" ........ "John!"....."John!" No reply. So then he started to yell louder and louder. And again, no reply or even movement! Finally Sherlock's little mind had had enough and decided to kick in. So he threw the closest thing he had at John. That being his stuffie of course. Lucky for Sherlock, he got him right in the face.

John jumped awake to being smacked in the face with......Sherlock's stuffie? John sat up looking at the stuffed animal dog confused. He turned the light on and looked over to see a very wide awake Sherlock. John sighed and rubbed his eyes.

John looked over at the time. 2:28 am. Not a time anyone would like to be woken up at. But for the moment John held in his frustrations and complaints and simply went over to see what was wrong with Sherlock.

"John!" Sherlock smiled looking up at his half awake half asleep daddy. John handed his stuffie back to him and was about to head back to bed when Sherlock yelled back. "Wait!" John turned around and looked at him confused. "Sherlock, honey, it's 2 o'clock in the morning. What are you doing awake?"

Sherlock looked down alittle shy. "I.....can't ....sleep." He said softly. John sighed walking back over. "Too excited for tomorrow?" He smirked. "Don't worry me too. Here, let me just hold you for a bit. Maybe that will start to make you alittle sleepy."

So John picked Sherlock up holding him close in his arms. John occasionally swayed back and forth trying to get the little boy to sleep. And for a moment it was working! For once that night Sherlock was actually starting to fall asleep in John arms.

Between the rocking and the warmth of John's body Sherlock started to drift sleep. That was until a large clash followed by a flash of light was heard from outside. John and Sherlock both jumped to the sound of it.

Sherlock started to shake in John's arms. What the hell was that?! And where was it coming from? John didn't seemed too worried about it, only alittle confused. He walked out into the living room with Sherlock still in his arms.

With one hand around Sherlock, he walked over to the shade and pulled the curtain away to revile a thunder storm outside. "That's strange. The weather report said nothing about a storm." John shook his head as he made his way back to the bedroom. But Sherlock started to worry.

"But beach!" Sherlock said looking up at John. "Don't worry, I'm sure it will pass by tomorrow. But for now it's off to bed for you!" John said walking back over to the crib. But with another crash of thunder and a flash of lighting, Sherlock gripped John shirt and wasn't going anywhere.