Chapter 15: Christmas Eve

It had been weeks later after the kidnapping and things are were running more smoothly. After what seemed like thousands of nights spent awake comforting a crying Sherlock, there was peace brought back to the home.

But sadly Sherlock was glued to John, never wanting to be away from him. If John left him for a second Sherlock would cry and cry until he came back. There was something about being away from John for so long that beyond bothered Sherlock.

But it was getting closer and closer to Christmas and John knew Sherlock would be excited for Santa's arrival. Usually the holidays never meant anything to Sherlock and he would just disregard it. But being that he was a little infant, the joy of the holidays were brought back to him.

John woke up to a very cold morning. He yawned sitting up in his bed looking at the window to see it covered in ice. He smiled realizing that it had snow while he was sleeping. He got out of bed to see Sherlock still asleep in a cold ball. John grabbed an extra blanket placing it on him before he walked out to get some breakfast.

Ms. Hudson as usual was already up making tea for her and John. "Good morning dear. Did you see the weather? Sherlock is going to love it!" She said happily setting his cup down. John smiled. "I'm going to take him to the store with me today to pick out a tree for Christmas. I think it would be good for him to get his mind off of everything that happen with the holidays, plus Santa's coming soon."

Ms. Hudson smiled "I hope he's been a good boy this year." She laughed joining John at the table with her cup of tea. "As for the tree I have some old ornaments you two can use. I'm sure you'll have fun dear." She said before sipping her tea.

***************************
Sherlock soon opened his little eyes. The whole night he was cold as could be, tossing and turning to find warmth. He sat up a bit in his crib. He automatically looked at the big bed to find John missing, which made his heart sank.

As much as he told himself to act big he simply couldn't. That terrible man making him so afraid. Who knows where he could be or could pop up. Sherlock couldn't help but start to cry for John. He hate himself for it but after everything he didn't want to be away from his John.

John rushed into the room picking up the very upset Sherlock. "It's okay I'm here. No need to worry." He said bouncing him a bit while Sherlock rested his head on John's shoulder. John started to turn a bit while still holding Sherlock. Sherlock's tears soon stopped when his eyes hit the window.

Instantly he gasped, his little side kicking in. His heart started to warm him up as he got this energy inside him. The excitement pushed throughout his body as he saw that it had snowed out again. "SNOW!!!" Sherlock started to kick and jump in John's arms looking outside. John turned his head to see what Sherlock was looking at.

"Oh does someone want to play in the snow?" Sherlock nodded, his face was like a kid in a candy store. All he wanted to do was go outside now. So with little to no resistance getting changed and eating baby food Sherlock was ready to go outside!

But John's first battle was to get Sherlock to wear his snow coat. The jacket was bulky to wear and Sherlock would rather just wear his long sleeve pirate shirt but it was way too cold for just a shirt. Sherlock sat in his black chair with his arms crossed at John. "No! I go out now!" He said stubborn.

"Sherlock it is vey cold outside. You have to wear your jacket if you want to go out. Otherwise no snow for you today." John said back sternly. Sherlock instantly looked up at John worried "No I want to go out!!" He said frustrated. He couldn't decide what to do. He looked at the coat rack and saw his black overcoat he wore all most every day when he was big.

"I wear that!" He pointed to the black coat. John turned around and signed "Sherlock that jacket is way too big for you." He looked at the coat, missing Sherlock wearing it. He looked back at the upset Sherlock. "Here, I have an idea." He picked up his little blue bulky jacket, bring it over to him. "You wear this jacket and I'll let you wear your old blue scarf with it. Deal?"