Chapter 20: The Doctor Is In

Rory and Amy stared at the Doctor confused. "You're going to push this bed down all the hospital hallways and into the Tardis?" Rory whispered not believe that this was actually his plan.

"Of course! It would be easier! Plus these two need the rest." The Doctor explained. "But what about Sherlock's brother?" Amy asked looking at Mycroft still sound asleep in the hospital chair. "Leave him here with a note, we really only need Doctor Watson and Sherlock."

The two nodded. Rory started to take all of the wires and IV tube off of Sherlock while Amy started to write a note to leave Mycroft. The Doctor took his sonic out and unlocked the locks on the wheels on hospital bed.

Once everything was done they were ready to start their plan. Amy left the note on the end table next to Mycroft explaining everything while Rory and the Doctor started to push the bed out of the room. Amy held the door as the two pushed the bed into the hall way.

The three started to head down the hall. Amy pushed the bed from the right side and Rory pushed from the left. The Doctor lead this crazy parade through the hospital, down one hall and through the other. They had no problems until they were stopped.

A regular doctor was discussed a file with a nurse until he witnessed the scene. He stood right infront of the Doctor, stopping the stretcher behind him. "Excuse me! Just where the hell do you think your taking these two?"

The Doctor looked at the man shocked. Did he just?! Rory stepped forward trying to take over the situation. "I'm sorry doctor I just need to take these two to........get x-rays." Rory manage to say off the top of his head. The doctor didn't seem to believe him. "Really Williams? Then why are you heading this way? X-rays are behind you and two the left."

Rory looked flabbergasted having been caught in the lie. "Oh.....well.....that's....true...but..." But as Rory tired to think of a good excuse, The Doctor stepped infront of him facing the nervy doctor. "I'm Doctor John Smith *holds up the psychic paper* I need to take these two to the ambulance entrance! Their being transferred to a much better hospital than this one! Where doctors don't question everything around them! Now if your done wasting me, my nurses and my patients time I'd like to move by." The Doctor said with the most sassiest voice in the world.

The Doctor didn't mean to be like that but time was of the essence. Sherlock was getting worse and worse by the minute so every second counted. And this other doctor wasn't helping it.

The nervy doctor quickly moved out of the way of the three.  Amy looked at Rory impressed with the Doctor's quick thinking. The Doctor took the lead as the three continued down the hall again.

Soon they finally reached the ambulance entrance. The Doctor pushed the two door to the outside showing an empty parking lot with one big blue box smacked right in the middle. They pushed the stretcher over to the Tardis.

Surprisedly John and Sherlock remained asleep through everything. The two were just extremely out of it. Everything that had happen emotionally and physically had taken a toll on them.

Once at the Tardis the Doctor unlocked the doors and opened them as wide as they could go. Amy and Rory moved to the back of the stretcher pushing it in with a tight squeeze. Finally everyone was inside the Tardis. Once inside, the Doctor snapped his fingers closing the two doors.

Now the Doctor turned around and noticed their first problem. The Tardis had stairs. The stretchers this hospital had wasn't made to go up stairs at all and the way to the medical room involved going over two small stair cases. The Doctor looked at the two in the bed then got an idea.

"Rory you thing you and I could carry Sherlock?" He asked as he started to flip switched and press buttons. Rory looked at him confused "I'm sorry what?" Just as he said that he realized what the Doctor was saying. "No no no! We can't do that."