Chapter 17: The Cure

John stared at the Doctor in shock. Did he just heard what he thought he heard? "I'm sorry what?" He said still not believing his own ears. Ms. Hudson also looked shocked at the Doctor. Could it be true?

"I finished the cure for Sherlock! You see I took a hair sample of Sherlock's before I left you two the last time and I studied it. I figured out what was causing this re-aging of his. The man with Moriarty, I know him. He's an old enemy of mine. He must have been the one to make this and give it to Moriarty. Well I saw that this links to Sherlock's DNA, scrambling it up back to what it was when he was 2. Now I have in the Tardis a way to reverse this!" The Doctor explained happily.

John and Ms. Hudson still stood there shocked. The Doctor looked a bit confused. "Guys please say something, your a bit quiet today." Ms. Hudson stepped forward "Aren't you John's doctor in the hospital?" She asked him. In all honestly she didn't know the faintest on why he was here.

The Doctor was going to answer but John spoke up "You can seriously do it? You can bring Sherlock back to his older self?" John asked even though the Doctor just explained he could. John had zoned out on everything he had said. There was a big conflict spinning in his head.

For one John of course wanted the old Sherlock back. That tall dark haired man gave him chills. So smart and sexy! Plus the world could really use Sherlock back. Since he's been little crime has be rising slowly. But then there was the counter argument. John loved taking care of this littler version of Sherlock. He was so fragile and so adorable. Plus for Sherlock's sake it's been good for him being little. This has given him the ability not to worry or as John would call it: the weight of the world on his shoulders.

This decision was ripping John apart. But he knew he had to do what was right for London. The Doctor nodded "Yes John I can turn him back to his older self." He answered snapping John back out of his thoughts. He looked back at the sleeping Sherlock in his high chair. So peaceful and so sweet. It crushed him even more seeing him like that.

The Doctor stepped forward. "I know you've grown attached to him like that but I'm really not sure if it's safe for him to be like this." The Doctor explained. John nodded "Fine but I don't like something you're doing we stop. Understood?" John said sternly. 

The Doctor nodded "Of course! I'll prep everything for him. It should take some time so it would be best to come tomorrow. I'll have the Tardis right outside. Merry Christmas John!" The Doctor said before rushing out excited to start his work.

John walked back over to Sherlock. The little boy still asleep unaware of anything. Ms. Hudson looked at John confused "Do you really believe him? Could he really turn Sherlock back?" She said slight annoyed at the whole thing.

John shook his head as he lifted Sherlock out of the high chair and into his arms. "I don't know. If any of it is true but I do trust that man. He has shown me things that are serious, out of this world. We will have to see what happens in the morning."

With that John started to get Sherlock ready for bed. He changed him into his favorite pjs then gently placed him in his crib, all without waking him up. John stood back a little impressed with himself.

But seeing the little Sherlock in the crib killed him again. He was going to miss this little curly black haired baby of his.

********************************

The day had finally come! John was still a bit conflicted but knew this would be best for him to be big again.  He made him a quickly breakfast, and dressed Sherlock for the day. As usual Mycroft appeared unexpectedly. "Did you know there is a blue phone box sitting on your doorstep?" He said slightly annoyed as he walked in the door, sitting in Sherlock's chair.