Chapter 7: The Crazy Morning

John woke up early the next morning. Was it all a dream? Was Sherlock actually a toddler? He sat up in his bed when he noticed that he wasn't infact in his bed, he was in Sherlock's bed. He rubbed his head starting to feel a headache coming on.

He started to remember everything that happen waking up to little Sherlock, diapering him, dealing with his brother, it was enough to give him the horrible headache he currently had. But was it all true?

He looked to his side when reality hit him. He looked over to see a white crib next to his bed. Inside the crib laid a little curly black haired boy, still sound asleep in a onesie.

John smiled looking at how cute Sherlock was. He was so peaceful curled up with his little dog stuffie and his blanket around him. John couldn't take his eyes off him. This had been one of the few times he ever saw Sherlock so calm and relaxed.

In all honesty John really enjoyed taking care of him. After all he did really love him. Plus this experience he felt was bring him closer with him. Sherlock only trust him, that meant the world to him.

John got out of bed as quietly as possible not wanting to wake up Sherlock. He wanted him to sleep as long as he could. He tip toed across the bedroom and into the hallway.There in the hallway he was safe to make noise. He walked down the kitchen he saw a note on the table. He gave a confused look and picked the paper up reading it.

Dear John,

Good Wednesday morning John. I'm so sorry to leave you dear on such short notice but my friend who live in Preston has had a horrible fall. She's called me from the hospital this morning and I had to go make sure she okay. She never had children so I have to talk to the doctors to make sure they are giving her the proper care. On the back of this paper I left a list of all of the things you would need for Sherlock if you take him to work with you. If you need any help taking care of him while I'm gone please call me or text me. I should be back by the end of the day.

Much love
Ms.Hudson xoxox

John put the note down when it hit him. Today was Wednesday, today he had to work! "Shit!" He said to himself as he quickly went up stairs to get change. "How could I forget I work Wednesday's at the office!" He said as he walked into his room. He went straight for his closet grabbing his shirt, pants, shoes, and white doctor's coat. He looked around his room for anything he could use as a diaper bag when he found it. An old present from his mother on Christmas, a beautiful blue message me bag that she insisted would "Look manly if he wore it."

He rolled his eyes thinking of the comment. Once ready he rushed down stairs and put the kettle and toaster on. He then put the bag on the chair next to him and sat down grabbing Ms. Hudson's note to see what he would need for Sherlock.

Things you need for Sherlock:
1. Grab and put three extra diapers in the bag. Lately he seems like he needs them so it's always good to have them on you.
2. Bring the changing bed for him. Don't lay him on any disgusting table. At least with the changing bed on top he would touch that germy table.
3. Make sure you bring him his stuffed animal dog. Little kids always have one toy they can't live without and with Sherlock he seems to can't live without it.
4. Bring an extra jar of food, a baby spoon and a bib. When you have lunch with him make sure he's wearing that bib or he will get it all over himself.
5. And finally if he gets sleepy bring his blanket.
Good luck dear if you need me I'll be available. Xoxox

John nodded looking at the list. He walked to the bathroom grabbing the extra diapers and putting them into the bag. He didn't take the changing bed knowing that before he left he would have to probably change him. He walked back into the kitchen and grabbed a baby spoon and a jar of smushed carrots and peas and put the two in the bag as well. He walked over to the counter and opened a draw grabbing a bib out of it and putting it into the bag as well.