Chapter 24: Come As You Are

Day 18

Taking it slow was the plan. They were supposed to go on dates and talk about feelings, and whatever, but that somehow didn't end up happening. They had dinner together, sure. But it definitely wasn't like the kind of dates Spencer has been on in previous years. They weren't really qualified as dates at all at least to Spencer they weren't. Maybe sitting around on the couch, eating from a box of Chinese food, and watching old reruns of The Twilight Zone is what Toby did with all his previous girlfriends. Aria told her otherwise though. She said that he was a romantic (not as romantic as Ezra though—whom she is apparently back together with—but more romantic than take out restaurants and old television shows.) Normally, Spencer would over think it. But the truth is, Spencer is happy just doing what they are doing. They aren't trying to be something they aren't. They are just being them. It feels right.

Besides, after all the reruns for the night aired, and their boxes of Chinese emptied, they'd end up tangled in each other's arms, their lips quivering and jaws swelling, the craving for one another suddenly reaching a point of no return.

Spencer at first had been worried that the sex would not be as good as it was when they were... nonexclusive. There's something unexplainably sexy about sneaking around, taking risks and not putting labels on things. Most of her life she has had to keep things clean cut. She has had to make a decree on what something was. But they never did when they were together in the past. They never talked about it. They just avoided it. Even when Spencer had been friends with benefits with someone in her early college years, the relationship was defined. But with Toby it was different. It was unsaid. It was uncertain. While at times it just felt like they were fuck buddies, or late night booty calls, they both knew the reason they weren't actually discussing a label was because it was more. But even with the deep rooted question of what they were, and how Toby felt gnawing at her insides, there was something about it that made her want to continue. It was like a drug. Toxic, in some ways, but euphoric in others. Maybe that was one of the reasons she declined to ever tell him how she felt. She wanted that euphoric feeling of not putting definitions on things, and stepping over the boundary line of the ordinary way of her life.

But now they aren't sneaking around. They aren't trying to read each other's minds. They know how they feel (for the most part), and know what this is. But yet, things aren't any less extraordinary. They might even be...better. Which is why she's not worried about Toby taking her out on dumb, romantic dates.

Her back hits the mattress, her eyes slitting open and her lips curving into a flirtatious smile. He hovers over her, grinning himself, before his lips are attached to her skin again. His kisses lead from her jaw to her neck, to her collarbone to her chest. Her shirt has little time for survival. His hands scope up her tank top, pushing the fabric up in wrinkles. She helps him remove the cotton barrier between them, pulling up her shirt and throwing it to the side. She tugs at Toby's shirt hem, and in a second, the shirt is gone. Toby easily understands the message, pulling it off, and throwing it to the side along with Spencer's.

Her hand coils around his neck, her lips aggressively crashing into his. She pushes at him, guiding their bodies into a rotation. Soon he is beneath her. Her legs on each side of his hips. She plunges her lips into his chest, his burning skin becoming scolding under her ravishing lips.

Soon he is rolling them over again, meeting her grinning lips with a hard kiss.

They are interrupted by a banging—another type of banging, that is. It sounds like knocking-at her door. But she chooses to ignore it. She isn't sure if Toby hears it, but if he does, he's also choosing to ignore it.

Her legs wrap around his waist, encaging his body against hers.

To Spencer's dismay, Toby pulls away from her a second later, "what is that?" he questions, clearly agitated by the loud hammering.