Chapter 2: Who will drown who first?

The first day of school was known as the best day of school in Spencer's book. Most hated it. It was the beginning of a year of misery and torment, well according to their rabid minds it was. But to her, it was the start of the new enlightenment. It began the period of time full of new ideas and new techniques. There was so much ahead of her. So many things to look forward to. A whole year of education was in front of her. Unlike most of her peers, who had taken the easy (idiotic) route for senior year by signing up for all the blow off classes. Why would they waste a whole year on nothing? It was such a waste of their pathetic little brains.

Her first period of the day was AP physics. Aria had nearly collapsed when hearing the news that she would be taking the class. Physics, alone, was one of the hardest classes to pass, but AP physics that was basically digging up your own grade. But Spencer liked the challenge. Besides she would be among her intellectuals whom ranked at the same level as she on the IQ chart. She wouldn't have to associate with the whiny, uncaring, annoying—WHAT WAS TOBY CAVANAUGH DOING IN THIS CLASS. She knew for a fact that this was the room; 113. He had to have gotten his room number wrong or something. There was no way he was taking this class, too. He probably didn't even have the ability to get in. She hardly made it in herself!

She marched right up to him, her lips spanning out into a rigid straight line, blocking all the curse words from spilling out. "Um, I think you have the wrong room. This is AP physics. A class that your intellect is far from reaching." Her words were fast and venomous.

He smirked, that annoying, stupid smirk that he always did, which always had the ability to make her fingers tingle with the eagerness to slap him. "Actually," he said pulling out his schedule from his pocket. It was folded four times and slightly wrinkled. Of course it was. He didn't care about his papers being wrinkled. He was a disorganized mess! How the hell did he get in? "I'm in this class too" he pushed the yellow piece of paper in her hands. "Looks like my intellect isn't very far from yours," he hummed smugly.

She darted her squinting eyes of doom up. "How did you get in this class? Did your dad bribe principle Hackett?" She cocked her head to the side, her words challenging.

"No, Spencer. Not everyone's parents wave their money around to get what they want." He took the paper from her, in a more or less rough matter. "But I guess you wouldn't know that, would you?"

She glared at him, her upper lip quivering in disgust. A wicked smile crossed her features after a moment, "well enjoy failing."

...

The morning after the engagement party Spencer was awaken by a shrilling (OK it wasn't really shrilling, per se, but at the moment it tended to sound like it, considering she had a mild hangover) sound that referred to itself as a ring tone. She made an inhumane sound before reaching for it. Reading the caller ID, it was revealed to be Hanna. "What?" Spencer asked in a groan.

"Spencer!" Hanna squealed into the phone. The blonde obviously hadn't rotten the liver with alcohol the night before because she was as chirpy as a bird. "Are you awake?"

"I am now."

"Good!"Hanna announced. "We're going to Emily's swim meet in an hour."

"What—Hanna, I'm still in bed."

"Well then, get yourself out of bed. Take a shower so I don't have to be a victim of your pit stench, and get your ass over here. I'm driving."

"Hanna," Spencer sighed, rolling her eyes upward. "I think I'll just pass"

"No! You can't! We were going to discuss wedding stuff. I had this whole thing planned out. I would go on telling you the tiniest little details of my wedding, you know like all brides-to-be do, and you would begin to silently wish that someone would just drown you in the pool and then you would ask me why I was telling you all this—you're not my maid of honor. But that's where you would be wrong. I would then ask you to take the position and you would say yes."