Well. Hello Sexy

Dedicated to PeppermintCupcake for the cover on the side she made just for this story. Love it!

*************************************************************************

Seeing as I practically paved the way for Blayne and Becca to start a relationship, I was dreading going to all of my classes knowing they’d be in each and every one. Koa’s strength beside me helped, especially when the whispers of students around us couldn’t be avoided.

“They broke up.”

“That new girl Becca was involved.”

“Blayne’s back on the market.”

“I got dibs on Lylah.”

It was unnerving to see how many people had nothing better to do than to talk about the break up between Blayne and I, but that was high school and basically expected. Popping my ear buds into my ears and blasting Adele, I shut them all out and let Koa lead me where we needed to be.

English was up first this morning, and Mr. Tanner was a pretty okay teacher. Koa and I made our way to the back of the room where Leah and Keri were already sitting. Koa and I each took the two available seats between them, and I slumped in my seat letting the soulful voice of Adele singing about an ex carry me away. As much as I tried not to, my eyes scanned the door way every so often in anticipation of a certain pairs arrival. Just before the bell rang signaling the start of class, Blayne entered the room with Becca directly behind him.  He still looked a little sad, but the flush to his cheeks and the unmistakable smudge of lipstick below his bottom lip made evident that he hadn’t mourned me for very long. Becca had a self satisfied smirk on her lips, and shot me a look I could only describe as gloating.

I didn’t realize I had the edges of my desk in a death grip until Koa’s hands made contact with mine as he tried to pry my fingers off the wood. I let him, quickly placing my hands in my lap, curling them into fists so tightly I was sure to have made a dozen half moon marks on my palm.

Yes, I all but pushed him to start something with Becca, but I also asked him not to flaunt it in my face. Wasn’t showing up to class with the evidence of an intense make out session doing just that? It was like he was pouring salt on my wounds, and rubbing it in with his fingers. They took seats in the second row from the front, while I glared at the back of his head and fantasized about all the things within reach that I could throw at him. My bag for one, maybe even that fat dictionary sitting in the shelf below the window.  I was so hurt and upset I would gladly stand up and throw the very desk I was sitting in directly at him and score a two for one taking out Becca as well.

Sensing my stare, Blayne turned to glance at me. I was never able to hide my emotions well, my brothers have beaten me many a times at Texas Hold’em because I couldn’t hide my excitement or disappointment when seeing my hand. In this case it was no different, and Blayne could see the hurt and anger warring within me as if I were crying and yelling at him in this room full of students. He had the decency to look ashamed, but that didn’t erase the fact that not thirty minutes after our talk, he was lip locking with his ex. Not being able to look at him any longer for fear of being physically sick, I turned away first, meeting the sympathetic eyes of Keri and removed my ear buds, turning off my ipod as she asked, “You want me to walk up there and slam their heads together, because you know I’ll do it.” she asked, completely serious.