Bonus Chapter (Blayne and Caleb)

Blayne

Winning the championship game was something I looked forward to since the start of the school year. Standing out in front of all the College scouts and performing at my best should have me feeling like I was the biggest sh*t to hit the scene, instead of like I just got sh*t on.

I walked through my cheering teammates receiving a few pats on the back and a praise here and there, but it didn’t help my mood. As I sat next to my locker and started removing my jersey, I glanced to my left and saw my friends.

Or the guys that used to be my friends before I made a dick move losing my girl and them with one decision. They were laughing and replaying the game in their conversation. Leroy looked ready to party and he deserved to after that last hit. While unlacing my shoes I shook my head in amazement that the self proclaimed player had in fact become the loyal boyfriend. With Keri of all people. It always seemed like they hated each other, but I guess it’s true that there’s a thin line between love and hate. If only Lylah was able to cross that line, she’d be mine again.

I still couldn’t believe she would choose Caleb over me. We had a history together, I knew all her likes and dislikes. I knew what made her smile and how to tick her off so our argument turned into a make up session. Now Caleb would be the one learning all those things about her. I wanted to blame him for this whole situation. Beat the crap out of him for worming his way in and taking what was mine when she was vulnerable and hurt. I couldn’t though, because it wasn’t his fault.

It was mine, and I would probably spend a long while regretting it. 

Sick of myself and the pity party I was throwing like a little girl, I removed my shoes and got up to grab my things from my locker so I could shower. Just as I was removing my clothes I felt someone behind me. Looking over my shoulder I realized it wasn’t just one person, but four. Lance, Leroy, Koa, and Spencer stood there staring me down.

Was it finally time for them to give me the ass whooping they wanted to do since the day I broke Lylah’s heart. I knew they left me alone because they didn’t want me injured, I was the pitcher after all. Now that the season was over, there was nothing stopping them from teaching me a lesson. 

I turned to face them, feet braced shoulder width apart beneath me ready for the first blow. I waited…and waited…but it never came.

“We should kick your ass, but we won’t because I think you’ve been kicking yourself enough for all of us,” Leroy said with a sneer.

“Yeah man, I don’t think I ever saw you looking so…destroyed. Shouldn’t you be happy? We just won the game of the season. I was looking forward to smashing your face in but there’s no fun in that if you already look like you got clocked,” added Koa.

“Well, Lylah’s got a pretty good arm,” I pointed out.

Lance tensed, “She hit you? What did you do to her?” Spencer had to put a hand out to stop him from attacking me which was just long enough for me to explain. “Nothing. She didn’t hit me physically, but I wish she had.”

“You sound like a pussy right now, Blayne.”