Enlightening Underwear Rescue

While we were scoping out the food in the refrigerator, I thought it was the perfect opportunity to get a feel for Keri and find out just what she was doing. That interaction with Jacob wasn’t like her. Yes she was a flirt, but she had never literally plastered her body to a guy so boldly in front of everyone, especially not a guy who just recently broke up with his girlfriend. 

Keri did have slutty tendencies, but she was usually more discreet about it. What she did outside earlier definitely wasn’t discreet. She basically made a show of her play for Jacob. His ex, Carla, wasn’t exactly a prize. She had a snotty attitude and looked down on anyone that wasn’t a cheerleader, but having been the other half of a very recent break up and knowing how it felt to not only hear about your ex moving on but see it, I didn’t agree with what Keri was doing.

I grabbed the hot dogs out and passed it to Leah, then reached for the chicken and steak passing it to Keri. Collecting all the ingredients needed for our special teriyaki sauce we liked to soak our meats in, I started to question Keri.

“Hey Care Bear? What was up with the Jacob Stark body rub earlier?”

She started opening the hot dogs and making little slits in them with the knife, “What do you mean? I wasn’t rubbing his body, not yet at least.”

“That’s what I’m talking about. You said it yourself, he just broke up with Carla, is it really a good idea to be going after him so soon.”

“Is this because of Blayne? It’s nothing like your situation was. Carla dumped Jacob because they weren‘t working out together, not because he was confused about someone else. Her trash can be my treasure. She’s obviously not heart broken because her latest fb status said she was ‘cruising in the sun with her new man’. Lylah, honey, not every girlfriend is a wronged one like yourself.” she said unaware of the shocked look on my face.

There were so many things wrong with that little speech, I didn’t know where to begin, and was it just me or was she coming off a little bitchy?

“That was a bitch thing to say, Keri.” Leah said while chopping up some garlic. Nope, Leah thought so too.

Keri looked at her in surprise, before glancing my way. I’m sure it was hard to miss the shock still plastered there. “Sorry if it seemed that way, Ly, but it’s the truth. I think you’re always going to be quick to defend the girl in a situation like this because of what happened to you.”

I stared at her for a minute, letting her words process. Part of what she said was true, I would be quick to defend any female who was in my position, but that wasn’t what I was doing here. “Listen Keri, I’m not trying to say Carla was ‘wronged’ as you put it. I’m just saying their break up was recent, there may still be feelings between them. You don’t want to be caught in any drama.”

“You mean like the kind you’ve been having?” she said with a quirk of her eye brow.

Now that definitely was a bitch thing to say.

“Keri! What’s gotten into you?” Leah asked pausing in her act of chopping.