88 - Pretend to Be a Pig, to Eat the Tiger

"These bad guys ah!" Small  Seed scorned.

Yulrir looked at the small child and can't help but pinch the cheeks.

"..."

"If we are to counter them straightforwardly in the inn, It'll bring more trouble." Yulrir proceeded while pinching the cheeks of his son.

Theo quickly understood and nodded. 

They were trying to be lowkey as much as possible, it is to avoid attracting unnecessary attention.

"I have an idea why these guys are after us... and I have a plan to lure him out..." Yulrir said lowly.

Theo did not respond but just knitted his eyebrows.

"Don't resist and let them come to us. I'm guessing that they were instructed only to catch us and not kill us. I don't sense a bit of killing intent from them." Yulrir said resolutely.

Theo paused for a moment and looked towards the direction of the door. He contemplated for a while before waving his hand to dismiss the spatial array that serves as a barrier. 

"If those guys give off a certain killing intent, no matter what, don't hesitate to hack them dead." Theo said coldly.

That statement actually wasn't for Yulrir but for Small Seed. With Small Seed's current prowess, killing those deity-ranked cultivators would be a piece of cake.

Small Seed naturally picked up Theo's intention and nodded obediently. 

As planned, the duo acted like they weren't aware of the situation and waited for the two cultivators to knock on their door.

'Knock! Knock!'

Theo opened the door and two male cultivators with clean blue robe had welcomed him.

Not waiting for Theo to ask them, the older-looking cultivator had waved his hand and a special wind-barrier was convened. This barrier wasn't so effective like a spatial barrier that Theo invokes but it is enough to filter noises coming from the inside of it. They probably don't want to attract a scene if a battle broke out.

"Don't dare to resist and just come with us. Our Lord just wanted to invite you to his manor." The shorter cultivator said in an arrogant tone.

"Your Lord? Who is it?" Theo said while picking his eyebrow.

"You'll know soon enough. Come with us and we'll assure you that nothing bad will happen. Resist and we'll kill you on the spot." The older-looking followed up.

Yulrir who was embracing Small Seed like a docile child just calmly trotted beside Theo and said, "We're going with you." 

Yulrir's voice surprised the two cultivators. The voice was calm like a spring and as pure as a snow in winter. The two cultivators even relaxed their stiff body upon hearing Yulrir's response. Yulrir's mask and hood prevented them to see his face, making them frown a bit. Afterward, their eyes darted over to the innocent-looking small boy in Yulrir's arm and sighed. In their mind, a feeling of pity rose up as they know that the harmless-looking beta in front of them and his baby will be most likely been caught up in their Master's twisted games.

"Very well, please don't think of doing anything funny." The older-looking knitted his brows and look at the small family coldly.

"We know. You're all already at deity rank while we're only at saint rank. Even if we escape, we can never outrun you guys." Theo exasperatedly spat out. He can't even count how many these two f*ckers had threatened them. He long wanted to smack the two but in order to lead them to their mastermind, he suppressed all his hateful thoughts and continued to cooperate with them. Yulrir can only look at Theo's hardship and laugh inwardly. Surely, an alpha's instinct to not submit easily has kicked in.