5 - The Surprise

Yulrir looked at his appearance in front of the mirror and was satisfied with it. The mask suits perfectly in his lovely face. His previously delicate look is now covered with a fierce looking fox mask, making him look mysterious with a hint of fierceness in it. Even with his small stature, he made everyone look at him in awe.

"I never thought that wearing a mask will make someone look so domineering. " His aunt Reiya complimented.

"Yes, It looks so masculine unlike to Riri's original appearance. " Mikhael added.

"Haha... I'm just sad that we have to cover away his beauty." Reiya sadly sighed.

"It's okay this way! I'm actually happy with this. I wanted to be as fierce looking as father and brother. Hehe! " Yulrir chirped on.

"Silly child... We actually prefer the natural you. " Her mother Yulier chuckled.

His father Fenrir moved forward and kneeled in front of his son. He touched his son's shoulder and gave out a sincere look on him. "Son, we know that we owe a lot of things to you. We even forced you to live alone. We are afraid that they'll take you away from us. Now, that you have this mask, we can freely let you roam around without us being worried about your wellbeing. Always remember not to remove this mask unless necessary. Okay?"

Behind the mask, Yulrir could only tear up but he wanted to endure and not show how he desired this time to come. He can finally be with his family without restriction. Yulrir said nothing but only did rush towards his father's chest and hug him tight. Fenrir satisfyingly hugged back while repeating how he misses his own son. Seeing the scenario in front of them, everyone looked awe from the sight and made forward to give Yulrir another round of hugs that he always desired. Yulrir felt content.

It was past 8 in the evening. Everyone fell asleep early and Yulrir knew that it was because everyone was exhausted from their travel back from the Blue Phoenix Kingdom. He also wanted to sleep early as well because he wanted to wake up early for magic training. He is about to close his eyes when he noticed a presence outside his bedroom door. Yulrir carefully walked up and open the door.

"Big brother?! " Surprised, Yulrir whisper-yelled.

"Hahaha. Sorry, riri... I was actually thinking if I should knock or just visit you tomorrow morning. Your mana perception is indeed extraordinary. I used my qi to conceal my presence but still beat me to it. Hahaha. " Mikhael embarrassedly scratch his head.

"Hahaha, that is only my luck big brother! Come get inside! " Yulrir grabbed his brother's hand and lightly pulled him inside.

Looking at his brother, he did observe Yulrir's room and smiled. "Heh nothing has changed in your room since the last time I visited. "

"Haha. I'm actually satisfied the way it was so I'll just leave it like that. " Yulrir chuckled. Mikhael nodded fondly on his little brother.

"Anyways, I told you that I have a surprise for you right?"

"Eh?! I thought it was this mask!" Yulrir pointed his mask at his face.

"No- no- that present came from our parents hahahaha!" Mikhael shook his head. Yulrir brightened upon hearing it.

"What is it? What is it, big brother?" Yulrir excitedly pulled his brother's arm.

"Hahaha quite ecstatic are we? Wait up -- " Mikhael waved his hand and a black-covered book appeared in his hand. It was taken from his own spatial ring. Mikhael handed out the book and Yulrir took it happily.

"A Tempering Body book?" Yulrir asked his brother enthusiastically.

"Yes yes! It's a secret art book for those who have a problem with warrior's cultivation." Mikhael added.

"Secret Art of Body Tempering" Yulrir read the book out loud then looked at his brother again with teary eyes. "Thanks brother! You are the best among the best!"

"Hahahaha... of course! When I heard about you, having a hard time breaking through due to your omega meridians, I asked my master about it but of course I haven't told him about you being an omega and fortunately, he gave this to me. This book is originally for betas whose meridians aren't perceptive with world qi or those with damaged meridians. I don't know if this would work efficiently with your body but we could only try right?" Mikhael explained with a concerned face.

Yulrir adorably hugged the book tightly. "It's okay big brother! This is good! I'll start practicing this starting tomorrow!"

"Good good good. If you have encountered any problem. Just let your big brother know!"

"Will do big brother!!! Big brother, I love you!" Yulrir said out sincerely making his big brother flush red.

"Yes! Your big brother Mikhael loves you too!" Mikhael treasures his little brother a lot.

Hearing that--- Yulrir felt warm inside. He loves his brother and family so much. He's happy knowing that they are too.

That night, Mikhael watched as his little brother fell asleep before kissing his forehead and leaving the room silently.

"Good night Riri." The lamplight went out.