22 - Welcoming Ceremony

The bright rays from the sun are naturally slipping in on a dimly lit room. The room is simple but elegant and in the middle of it, there is a delicate looking young man laying on top of a queen size bed. The rays illuminated the room and the beautiful pair of eyes of the youth fluttered. The youth is, of course, Yulrir.

Sitting up, Yulrir frowned as he was surprised that it was already past the time he usually wakes up. It was indeed a different scenario for him. He usually wakes up before dawn to meditate until breakfast but now,  it's clearly isn't as any of his normal wake hours.

"It's already quarter past 6." Yulrir mumbled while looking at the clock.

"I guess I was really exhausted." He added with a sigh.

Yulrir had stayed up late with Terra last night since they familiarize with each other. Terra had narrated her background and told why she chose Yulrir as her disciple.  Her explanation is quite simple,  it was because she doesn't want Yulrir to end up like her brother and she sees vast future for the young lad.  Yulrir also narrated his background bringing their talk up until past 12 midnight.  They felt familiar and their bond became more like a little brother and an elder sister.

Yulrir decided to get up and do his every morning habits.  He washed his face and brushed his mouth.  He is grateful that his room is like a small suite with a built-in washroom.

He went out of his room and was greeted by the lovely smell of fried rice and eggs.  He went to the kitchen and saw an elegant back of a lady.  The lady turned around with a serene smile on her face.

"You're up!  I was about to wake you up if you didn't. " The lady chirped in happily.

Yulrir embarrassedly scratched his head and replied "I'm sorry elder sister Terra, I didn't know I'll oversleep too. "

"It's fine,  the trial took so much of your energy and we even stayed till late so I'm actually relieved that you were able to sleep comfortably. I know how hardworking you are with your cultivation habits based on your story last night but today is an exception. " Terra explained gently while putting down the fried hams and eggs on the table.

If one could see the scene you'll never believe that the respectable and usually cold Tower Master is actually preparing a breakfast and on top of that, is wearing an apron.  A total appearance of a likable wife.

Yulrir nodded happily and helped Terra to arrange the table. 

Terra loves privacy and moreover she had set up a barrier that prevents any outsider to go inside her quarters without her permission because of that,  she usually the one who prepares food for herself and will only usually call for a servant if needed for cleaning.

"Alright,  let's eat and prepare afterward. Today is the welcoming ceremony for students like you. " Terra added.

Yulrir nodded and happily dig in on the food in front of him.  Even with his delicate looking body,  he actually had a big appetite.  Terra can't help to smile satisfyingly seeing the young lad in front of him eat her cooking.

"I sent a message to your mother about the ceremony so she will be there as well.  I can give you the whole day after the ceremony to be with your mother before you report officially on the academy as my disciple." Terra explained.

"It is more than enough elder sis!  My mother will be really happy about it as well. Thank you very much!" Yulrir responded excitedly.

Terra nodded and smiled gently. Knowing Yulrir's background, he knew that the young lad in front of her actually loves his parents and family a lot.  She is satisfied that her disciple is filial and loyal.

The duo had eaten and prepared for the ceremony.  Yulrir took a bath and wore the newly fitted academy robe that Terra had given to him after the breakfast. It is much more fit to him than the loose robes he was wearing earlier.  He retrieved his fox mask on his spatial ring and also put it on.

With his fox mask on,  his aura is different.  He looked fiercer and mysterious at the same time.  His silvery white hair is tied up and his silky white skin complimented his robe and mask.  It is akin to perfection.

Terra can't help to feel pity that the young lad had to wear the mask but regardless,  she was grateful that there is actually a treasure that can mask one's status. She knew that treasures like this are hard to find.

The master and the disciple had walked out the quarters heading towards the convention hall.

Yulrir closely walked in even pace behind Terra and had his noble aura around him.  Everyone who sees them can't help but get awe and curious at the same time.  Terra, on the other hand,  is somewhat annoyed and proud of the looks they were giving to them. Terra could use teleport but she chose not to in order to parade Yulrir as her direct disciple. It was actually a tradition to the academy itself.

Reaching the convention hall,  the Duo was greeted by the fellow elders and the venerable headmaster.

What shocked and put Yulrir aware is the youth standing calmly behind the Headmaster.  The tan youth looks refreshingly handsome and a stature that is comparable to a king. 

"Good morning Tower Master.  It seems like you really took him as a disciple." The venerable headmaster amicably gazed behind Terra and nodded at Yulrir.

"Of course, I'm actually grateful that the Venerable Headmaster allowed me to. " Terra respectfully responded and smiled warmly.

"Haha.  All good, all good.  Congratulations Yulrir. I admire your aptitude and talent despite on being a beta. We'll be looking forward to you in the future. " The headmaster warmly gaze on Yulrir and nodded.

"Thank you, Venerable Headmaster.  I'll not let the academy down. " Yulrir bowed respectfully.

The headmaster nodded and glanced behind him.

"Theo come here for a bit. " The headmaster instructed.

The tan-skinned young man had stepped beside the headmaster obediently.

"I bet you all know Theo by now.  He'll be my direct disciple and he successfully climbed up the 12 floors of the Dragon Tower so he'll be rewarded as a top junior disciple." The venerable headmaster happily introduced.

The nearby elders, as well as Yulrir and Terra, were surprised by the events.

"Congratulations! His future will be vast." Terra responded indifferently.

"Thank you, Tower Master. " Theo respectfully replied.

Yulrir remained vigilant as soon as he saw Theo.  He is still somewhat annoyed at the handsome lad in front as he remembered what he did inside the Dragon Tower.  The raging junior which stood up in all glory is something that Yulrir can't help but not to remember even if he tried to forget it.  It was a total trauma.  Terra is equally solemn as he gazes at Theo who is now stealing glances at Yulrir.

"Since we are all here, even the students outside are all present. Let's start with the Welcoming Ceremony. " The headmaster happily instructed.