34 - Semi Finals

"ARE YOUU COURTING DEATH? " Theo released a growl towards the burly guy amongst the crowd.

The burly guy paled and the crowd surrounding him can't help but to sigh and somehow move away from him.

Yulrir shot a glance to the burly guy and can't help but to frown.

"What does he mean by 'palm me hard'?" Yulrir looked at his palm then threw a glance at Theo as who is now being restraint by the headmaster and sighed as well.

"Weird alphas... " Yulrir jumped down the arena and swiftly went back to his original seat.

Terra observed her disciple as her lip curled upward. "Riri is indeed a monster, he really did restrain his water spells. "

The venerable headmaster and the other elders are similarly surprised on Yulrir's match.

"A beta winning a tournament consecutively is really a rare case. I wonder how far will he succeed?" The headmaster mumbled to himself.

The tournament continued all throughout the afternoon. It was by then, the final 21 contestants are now classified.

The next round will be the so-called Ranking Semi-Final phase. It is then where the 21 candidates will be divided into 3 groups of 7. Each candidate of the same group will be facing each other and the candidate who will get more points through winning will be qualified to the finals. Meaning to say, once divided into 3 groups, a candidate will be facing 6 matches and the one who wins the most will be qualified to the next round where he or she will have a match with the other 2 victors from the other groups.

"6 round robin matches. " Yulrir thought to himself as he recollects all the information he had for the remaining 21 contestants.

Logan with the help of the other assistant elders had drawn the numbers of the candidates who'll be ending up at the same group. So to say, luck really plays an important part of the tournament. Every remaining candidate are likely praying that the group they'll end up with will be easy to deal with and won't group with someone who had monstrous talents like the previous tournament rankers or of the same explosive talents like Theo.

After 15 minutes of tournament break, the groups are now determined.

Theo belonged to group A.

Yulrir belonged to group B together with Adelard.

Yulrir was somehow pleased with the grouping as he can directly avoid facing Theo at the moment. On the other hand,  Theo is exactly opposite.  He is worried that Adelard belonged to the group where Yulrir is. 

Adelard who is actually now rejoicing threw a glance to Theo and made a mocking smile.

Theo lowly growled as he saw the provocative smile on Adelard's face but made no move as he was heavily restrained by the headmaster.

"Now that every contestant knows their group, we'll now start the semi-final round!" Logan announced excitedly.

The whole crowd cheered and the battle drums once again rang.

The match arrangement will be rotating between the 3 groups so it'll give enough time for each candidate to recuperate before their next match.
The first match is surprising Theo vs A spear-user cultivator.  The match had started and ended so fast as Theo's opponent had conceded even before the match started,  gaining Theo an instant 1 point.

The matches went fast one after the other.

Yulrir so far had made 2 points by defeating all of the senior disciples relying only on his wind roc and metal body.  It made his fellow contestants be wary of him as well.  Theo is leading with 3 points where 2 out of 3 of his matches were won by default.  The last disciple he had matched with was so far the only one who had the ball to face him head on, unfortunately for him,  he was defeated with one-kick from Theo.

Yulrir remained calm throughout the tournament.  He's observing closely each match and find weaknesses from each of the opponents. 

Adelard, the same with Yulrir, had won each of his matches as well. In terms of offensive power,  he is par with Theo.

Theo is secretly praying that Adelard gets struck by lightning as he was worried for Yulrir.

"Next match!  32 vs 77!"

Yulrir jumped to the arena as the opponent on the other side gently landed in the arena as well.

"Finally,  we've crossed paths." The disciple wearing a blue robe smilingly said.

"Please advise me Senior Adelard. " Yulrir calmly cupped his fist. Looking at the mocking smile coming from Adelard,  he had long known that this Adelard is confident with himself.

"Good,  you have the courage to continue.  I'll let you entertain me for a while then. " Adelard chuckled.

"..."

"Another arrogant fatherf****r. " Yulrir thought to himself.

Surprisingly,  an unearthly growl had come out from the VIP area. It was indeed Theo.  The headmaster is getting a headache on how impulsive his disciple is.

Terra sighed looking at her own disciple on the arena and somehow was worried about him.  He knew that Yulrir is a monstrous magician but still worried since Adelard's talent isn't something to be neglected too.

"Let the match begin!!! " Logan announced excitedly.

-----------------------------------------------------

Author Notes:

Aaahhh I'm sorry for not updating for 2 weeks. Every month end, I suffer zombification. My work gets me because of deadlines.  Please expect me to disappear every month ends quq

Aanndd-- I accidentally pressed publish earlier as well quq I'm so sorry.

Thank you as always for staying and tuning in.

Xoxo