chapter 12

The party was amazing. Yuki was happy and, surprisingly, Lilly had a good time. Darkness smiled as the two children danced happily, Lilly had healed perfectly but would still be in pain for a few days. Darkness took her medication as she was told and she didn't drink any alcohol throughout that whole party which annoyed her. She sat at on of the party tables that was decorated with pink and white bows. Pink and white was Yuki's favourite colours. After sitting there for an hour or so Darkness decided to go outside.

Arthur danced with Lonnie on the dance floor. He and Lonnie had become good friends and he was also becoming good friends with Byakuya, even though he did try to hurt Arthur, Arthur was able to look past that and wanted to try to become friends with him. Laxus was also being kind to him, Laxus hadn't seen Darkness for an hour and started to get worried.

"She's outside." Laxus turned to see Lonnie, pointing at the door. Laxus thanked her then went outside.

The clouds covered the beautiful moon, the stars twinkled in the night sky. Laxus smiled a little at the sky, he never knew the sky could be this amazing but he wanted to spend this beautiful moment with Darkness.

He turned his head towards the old oak tree and there, on the grass, was Darkness. Her long hair flow carelessly through the wind and she was looking up at the stars. Laxus walked over to her and sat down beside her.

"I'm ok Laxus, you don't need to worry about me" She said but Laxus shook his head.

"Icy told me that you had trouble sleeping last night" Darkness shrugged her shoulders.

"Kaname is back.... I don't know what he is planning"

"I know, I heard rumours that he was back.... That is the reason why I came back." Darkness looked at him.

"You didn't need to come back-" Laxus didn't let her finish because he kissed her!

Darkness didn't know how to react, yes she wanted this... she had wanted to do this for a long time but she didn't know if this was the right time to be in a relationship.

"Watashi wa, anata o aishiteimasu" (I love you In Japanese) Laxus said against her lips.

"Watashi mo anata o aishitemasu" (I love you too In Japanese) She replied back and cupped his cheeks.

"I have always wanted to kiss you." Laxus said, making Darkness blush.

" Same Laxus." She rested her head on her shoulder. The two sat there for a long time before Laxus stood up.

"We might want to go back to the Sainō aru house now." He held out his hand, Darkness took it and Laxus helped her up. 

"Does this mean we are... a couple?" Darkness asked as Laxus wraps his arms around her waist and she placed her hands on his chest. He placed his lips on hers which she accepted. 

"Yes, I think it does... do you accept?" He asks.

"Yes, yes I do." She kissed him and he accepted her kiss. 

"Let's go, my love." Darkness's cheeks turned red and Laxus placed his hand over her right cheek, "happy birthday, Darkness." He said which made her smile. The two powerful people walked towards the house. They held hands as they walked to the Sainō aru house, Darkness felt.... happy and safe whenever she was with Laxus. Their bodies touched as they walked closer to the Sainō aru house, they opened the door to see the people living in the Sainō aru house throwing a party for someone. 

"Happy birthday, Darkness!" Everyone shouted. Darkness eyes widened. She didn't like her birthday but today was about her and Yuki... And everyone was there to celebrate with them.