Chapter 2

Arthur stood in front of the River Valley guild. His heart was beating faster than it has ever done before.

He pushed open the doors and he saw an number of people there.

"Hey, you must be Arthur?" A girl with strawberry blonde hair said, she looked like a fifteen year old and, yet, she worked at the bar.

"Um, yea I am." Arthur smiled at the girl and she smiled back.

"I'm Lonnie, Lonnie Underground." Arthur's face turned shocked.

"Wait, you're Lonnie Underground? Your parents are Mona and Joel Underground, the movie stars?" Lonnie blushed.

"Yea, I'm not like my parents. They wanted me to be just like them but that wasn't the future I wanted for myself." Lonnie explained and Arthur understood. He had experience with wanting a different future compared to the one that parents choose for him.

"So you work in the guild?" He asked, nicely.

"Yea, I'm the bar waitress and a member here." She smiled again.

"Not be mean or anything but aren't you a little too young to be a bar waitress?" He asked out of curiosity.

"Well, Master Ryuk wanted someone from the guild to be the bar waitress and not someone new cause there would be a lot of paper work to fill out." She smiled, happily, as if she was happy to do her job.

"Well do you enjoy your job?" Arthur asked.

"Of course, I love it." She smiled happily and then a old man, about fifty or sixty, walked up to them.

"You must be Arthur Hunters, welcome to our guild." The man took Arthur's hand and shook it.

"Oh, Master Ryuk how are you?" Lonnie asked. She was smiley person... Maybe a bit too smiley.

"I'm fine, thank you." Master Ryuk replied.

"I can see something is up, you can tell me." Lonnie knew something was up with the master but didn't know what.

"Darkness has taken another A-Class job again." The colour from Lonnie's face disappeared from her once rose pink cheeks.

"What's a A-Class job?" Arthur asked and Lonnie looked at him.

"An A-Class job is one of the most high ranked dangerous jobs ever. Only people who went to Yami Island and completed the tasks there can do A-Class jobs." Lonnie explained in clear detail.

"Do people who complete the tasks and do A-Class jobs get a name cause I heard they do?" He asked out of curiosity.

"Here we call our A-Class group the Valley A because the Council didn't want to have to remember all the names of different A-Class groups so they decided to use the last word of the guilds name and put an A behind it so that the Council knows which people are a A-Class fighter and whose not." Master Ryuk explained.

"Would you like a drink to clear your head?" And Master Ryuk nodded.

"Can I have a vodka and rum with cola, please?" He asked as he placed his head in his hand.

"Coming up." Lonnie said and walked off to get Master Ryuks drinks.

"You wish to join our guild?" Master Ryuk suddenly said which made Arthur jump.

"Yea, I do," Arthur answered. "Do you get a emblem if you join the guild?" And Master Ryuk nodded.

"Yes but you need to fill out some paperwork first; I think you'll be able to have the emblem stamped on tomorrow." Arthur looked scared.