Chapter 16: Shadowmeld

Now they were back at the secret passage that they had dug yesterday (They called for a day and spent a night in the church). Looking at the emptiness, Lars decided to broke the eerie quietness.

"Vampires at the church said Layrvo's lamp could reveal a secret door," he said. "The inscription on the lamp says that you need to put eternal ashes in it."

"Hmm...why don't we put the vampire ashes in the lamp," suggested Rhen. "That might work."

She put the ashes in Leyrvo's lamp. A strange light emitted from it. Out of their knowings, a small blue wooden door appeared in front of them.

"Look! A secret door!" exclaimed Rhen.

They went down found themselves somehow back in a huge catacombs. It was like a big snake maze, if you didn't have a guide with you, you'll be probably lost in here forever.

"I can sense a demon lingered here before," spoke the summoner,who was sniffed a rancid scent with her sharp nose. "The trail's fresh. So it must be here somewhere."

"Let's follow the scent," Rhen and Lars followed Elini toured around. With the help of the demonic scent, they made it safely through the maze. A door stood in front with a signboard.

"Congratulation for passing the maze. But there's more puzzle for you to solve!"

They paid no attention to the sign and entered the next room. When Lars, who stepped in last, the door behind them slammed shut and barred itself from outside, locking the trio in the room.

"We're trapped," said Elini. "We have to solve the next puzzle to get out of here."

Four colour blocks stood idly in the middle of the room, red, yellow, blue and green, which were followed by an inscription.

"Push the blocks to their respective places in order to move on to the next challenge."

They scanned around the room. Four empty slots at each of the corner with a description plate on it. So the trio split up and handled one of them.

~~~

Elini walked to the east corner and looked at the plate.

"Upon my carpet you run and play and slumber away."

She walked away and push the green block to the slot, it fitted.

~~~

Lars was scratching his head at the north corner.

"I hold the sun, the moon, the twilight and day rise."

He took a wild guess and pushed the yellow block to it, but nothing happened. So he pushed back and had the blue block (and muttered) all the way to the corner, it's fixed.

~~~

"My light fills your days with warmth and joy."

"This is easy," Rhen grinned. She pushed a yellow block and fitted into the slot.

"And here's the last one," she went back and push the remaining block to the west corner. "I bring love to your heart, roses to your cheeks. Checked, it's red."

~~~

After the blocks were back to their place, a portal with a variety of colours formed in the middle of the room. They stepped into the rainbow-colour portal and they were now in a dim room with a sign welcomed them.

"You are one step closer to the treasures you seek. Just finish this Q&A section and there you will be."

"The scent's getting stronger," Elini wrinkled her nose.